Threats to Obama Already...?

nijinsky's fetlocks said:
Now let me think; an economic downturn or World War 3?
Would that,by any chance,be the economic downturn which is well and truly with us already,(after God knows how many years of Republican fiscal misrule),and was well under way long before Barack Obama had even secured the Democrat nomination?
But hey,lets blame him anyway for the mess he inherits upon inauguration.

Where did I blame him for the present downturn?
Nothin will change economically. He'd save money by putting a halt to aggressive wars, but will increase domestic spending and taxes.

Nothing between the Republicans & Democrats?
That,if you took the trouble to read the 2 election manifestos,is complete & utter nonsense.
A Republican victory would be a disaster for blue-collar workers in the US and an endorsement of a disastrous foreign policy abroad.
I don't see Obama as a panacea for America's ills,but there is at least a degree of optimism there that is in sharp contrast to more Pentagon hawk lunacy.

McCain is a very liberal Republican. He is the definition of a Neo-Con. Whether you agree with conservatives or not, there is no real conservative in the race, and there never was, other than a couple of candidates that were never going to win.
Basing a vote on party manifesto's is naive. You have to look at the track records of the candidates.

I agree with you about the lunacy of the Republican foreign policy, and I can see the optimism of Obama, but is optimism enough? I'd prefer to see Obama win, it is far too scary thinking of McCain with his finger on the button, but, like you, I don't see him as some saviour as a hell of alot of Obama supporters do (incidentally, only about 30% of his supporters, that I have spoken to, even know his policies - they just saw him getting 'jiggy with it' on Ellen)

I don't see why you felt the need to jump into the thread to just throw insults around.

Ultra Left Winger.
Good to see the ghost of Joe McCarthy still a-hovering.
Watch my 5 a side team -i'm more of an out of shape centre-half.

Well, I was hardly calling Obama the devil incarnate was I? I didnt even call him "a bleeding heart Liberal" or other Right Wing Liberal insults, yet you went off on one as tho I had. What do you expect me to think?

Nothin will change economically. He'd save money by putting a halt to aggressive wars, but will increase domestic spending and taxes.

Only for the ultra rich. The very top bracket Bush has been giving absurd cuts to for 8 years.

Knight1979 said:

Only for the ultra rich. The very top bracket Bush has been giving absurd cuts to for 8 years.

No such thing as an "absurd cut". What they (and us for that matter) need is more "Absud (tax)cuts" for everyone. Start with the income tax - a travesty for "The Free World"

I'll reply to your other posts later. Iv got a banging headache from sitting here hopin for more SWP news lol.

I take it as read that you would have felt a tad aggrieved had I referred to you as a Nazi/Fascist simply for taking a standpoint differing from your own?
Hence the Ultra Left Winger jibe.
But we digress and,having read your posts elucidating your position I would concur with Knight in that we are hardly poles apart in our hopes and aspirations for the future governance of the US.
I guess we took the scenic route in eventually agreeing on the most salient points,but the journey was enjoyable,if somewhat heated!
Perhaps we can choose a less contentious issue for the next bout of verbal jousting,such as religion!

I take it as read that you would have felt a tad aggrieved had I referred to you as a Nazi/Fascist simply for taking a standpoint differing from your own?
But we digress and,having read your posts elucidating your position I would concur with Knight in that we are hardly poles apart in our hopes and aspirations for the future governance of the US.
I guess we took the scenic route in eventually agreeing on the most salient points,but the journey was enjoyable,if somewhat heated!
Perhaps we can choose a less contentious issue for the next bout of verbal jousting,such as religion!

Be warned. I got an A+ in Religious verbal jousting.

ElanJo said:

Be warned. I got an A+ in Religious verbal jousting.

As a lapsed Catholic atheist,this may prove a woeful mismatch.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.