Three horse race

Cobwebcat

Team supported
Manchester City
I really think the gap is too big for Arsenal Liverpool and Chelsea now.

If Spurs didn't have that game in hand at home to Everton I'd say it was already down to two.

The rags are amazing. Nothing on paper, tons of injuries, battered by us and they are STILL only 2 points behind us..... It makes no difference.

Jelly and ice cream is the only solution it seems.

I don't want a Jelly and Ice cream solution. I want Fergie to still be there when it dawns on him that if we win it this year, it won't be a blip. And he'll never retire with that 20th title.

Id wait to around early February before saying who is in the title race, we have west brom, sunderland, liverpool, wigan, spurs,everton and also all the cup games between now and February 1st, if we maintain our current form then I can see it being a 2 horse race but we could easily lose or draw a few of them matches and lets chelsea or arsenal back in it.

adrianr said:
I don't want a Jelly and Ice cream solution. I want Fergie to still be there when it dawns on him that if we win it this year, it won't be a blip. And he'll never retire with that 20th title.

It would be nice but I think he is the difference and until he goes they will always be a big threat. Sometimes I think you could put Bolton in rag shirts managed by bacon and they would find a way to win.

Cobwebcat said:
adrianr said:

It would be nice but I think he is the difference and until he goes they will always be a big threat. Sometimes I think you could put Bolton in rag shirts managed by bacon and they would find a way to win.
Yep thats the thing, hate the c**t but you have to accept hes a great manager

Armaan said:
Cobwebcat said:
adrianr said:

Yep thats the thing, hate the c**t but you have to accept hes a great manager

A despicable thing to say from a blue !
Unfortunately i have to agree with you.
Gggggggggrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

We all know even 10 point leads can be overcome but this city side is playing fantastic.

If we assume that we will get a similar w/l/d ratio to Chelsea/Dippers/Arsenal then obviously we are uncatchable as they need a huge variation in those ratios to overtake our points total.

They need to win 4, 5 and 6 games respectively whilst we also have to lose the same amount for them to catch up/overtake by 1 point. As we've only lost 1 game this season so far in 17 games I'm pretty hopeful we aren't going to go on a streak of losing 4-6 games in the next 21 - that would be disastrous form PLUS it still requires that those teams win all of their equivalent fixtures........

Rags are the main danger along with Tottenham having less of a chance.

If it was just us out of sight at the top I still think teams would fancy us to fall back at some point.When it is two teams the chances of Chelsea,Arsenal and Liverpool have already gone. Whilst we might have no experience of staying out in front and whether we do remains to be seen especially with our horrendous fixture list in January, the rags are used to this and wont give up ten point leads.

Spurs are only just still in it and injuries are now starting to kick in for them.

I can see the gap at the end between the top 2 and the rest being over 10 points.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.