Three horse race

The cookie monster said:
Its hard to believe 72 points would of won the title last year..

And this year it will be round the 90 mark.

United got 79 didnt they?<br /><br />-- Fri Dec 23, 2011 11:23 am --<br /><br />
Millwallawayveteran1988 said:
The cookie monster said:
Its hard to believe 72 points would of won the title last year..

And this year it will be round the 90 mark.

I know what you are saying as if they would have got 72 they would have won it but for anyone else to win it,it would have taken 80.

de niro said:
As soon as we lift the title fergie will quit.

Btw it's already a one horse race.

He's bound to quit if they get their 20th as well, isn't he. So on that basis, is this his last season whatever happens?

Chippy_boy said:
de niro said:
As soon as we lift the title fergie will quit.

Btw it's already a one horse race.

He's bound to quit if they get their 20th as well, isn't he. So on that basis, is this his last season whatever happens?
Now that would be nice......

I'd like to see another manager go in there and try to replicate Slur Alex's record - it'd settle all the discussion of whether they are a good team or whether it's just him holding them together.

If it was just us out of sight at the top I still think teams would fancy us to fall back at some point.When it is two teams the chances of Chelsea,Arsenal and Liverpool have already gone. Whilst we might have no experience of staying out in front and whether we do remains to be seen especially with our horrendous fixture list in January, the rags are used to this and wont give up ten point leads.

Spurs are only just still in it and injuries are now starting to kick in for them.

I can see the gap at the end between the top 2 and the rest being over 10 points.

Agrees with you:

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.euroclubindex.com/asp/leagueodds.asp" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.euroclubindex.com/asp/leagueodds.asp</a>

If it was just us out of sight at the top I still think teams would fancy us to fall back at some point.When it is two teams the chances of Chelsea,Arsenal and Liverpool have already gone. Whilst we might have no experience of staying out in front and whether we do remains to be seen especially with our horrendous fixture list in January, the rags are used to this and wont give up ten point leads.

Spurs are only just still in it and injuries are now starting to kick in for them.

I can see the gap at the end between the top 2 and the rest being over 10 points.

You raise a very very good point.

Take City out of the equation for a moment and just look at the Rags vs Chelsea vs Arsenal. The rags already have a 9 and 10 point lead against these teams. As you say, the rags are not going to let a lead like that slip. Also, we are even further ahead. So the chances of both us AND the rags screwing up is even smaller.

Basically, barring expected miracles, Arsenal and Chelsea are out of the running already.

It's a two horse race now. The other three are far to inconsistent. The rags are up there with us but I feel this is a false position as they havnt had enough tough away games. Looking at the next few months however the rags have 4 tough away games comming, we have 1. If aguero can start putting more of his chances away I can see us walking this league by march. Especially if we woman slap them in the derby again. That will really finish them off I recon.

Armaan said:
Cobwebcat said:
adrianr said:
I don't want a Jelly and Ice cream solution. I want Fergie to still be there when it dawns on him that if we win it this year, it won't be a blip. And he'll never retire with that 20th title.

It would be nice but I think he is the difference and until he goes they will always be a big threat. Sometimes I think you could put Bolton in rag shirts managed by bacon and they would find a way to win.
Yep thats the thing, hate the c**t but you have to accept hes a great manager

and very very lucky<br /><br />-- Fri Dec 23, 2011 2:11 pm --<br /><br />
Armaan said:
Cobwebcat said:
adrianr said:
I don't want a Jelly and Ice cream solution. I want Fergie to still be there when it dawns on him that if we win it this year, it won't be a blip. And he'll never retire with that 20th title.

It would be nice but I think he is the difference and until he goes they will always be a big threat. Sometimes I think you could put Bolton in rag shirts managed by bacon and they would find a way to win.
Yep thats the thing, hate the c**t but you have to accept hes a great manager

and very very lucky

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.