Three years of bad transfer dealings

WNRH

I sometimes wonder and think, why when we have a team that has the likes of Hart, Zabaleta, Kompany, Silva, Nasri, Yaya and Aguero are we not doing more than what we have achieved so far.?

All of those players arrived before 2011 and we are now in 2015 and we have failed to support those players with more quality to progress in europe and dominate the English league.

We have won 2 leagues on the last day against two teams who as proved by the following season were nowhere near the quality of past premier league title challengers and two domestic cups. We have been utterly pathetic in Europe.

It seems silly to say this but this club has underachieved with the cluster of players above and that is something which i think we will come to regret in future years.

It all started in that summer of 2012 when we failed to progress by bringing in Sinclair, Maicon and Rodwell and you only have to have a look at the so called top sides best 6 signings over the last two seasons to see that we have done so poorly in comparison.

Chelsea - Costa, Fabregas, Luis, Willian, Matic, Schurrle.

United - Di Maria, Falcao, Blind, Herrera, Shaw, Mata

City - Mangala, Fernando, Cabellero, Navas, Fernandinho, Jovetic.

Barca - Suarez, Neymar, Rakitic, Mathieu, ter Stegen, Vermaelen.

Madrid - Rodriguez, Kroos, Bale, Isco, Carvajal, Navas (gk)

Bayern - Benatia, Alonso, Lewandowski, Gotze, Thiago, Bernat

I think Fernandinho is the only one who the others would even attempt to sign where as we would take 4/5 or even all of the others signings.

Whatever it is - bad dealing or FFP restrictions we really need a summer of big business, if we want to be considered a true big club.

It simply can't be ignored what a piss poor job we have done in the transfer market. The amount of money we have wasted on mediocrity when there were better players available for a lot less. And thanks to FFP we are limited to only a few signings a year so it's not a problem that can be solved in a single summer.

And where do we go now ? It's obvious our midfield as a squad isn't good enough, and if Yaya is off, then who do we bring in?

POgba? FFP and other teams being in for him, it's not going to happen

We have to bring in players that will make an instant impact and lift the team and the fans cos we are going fucking backwards here, I can't believe how fucking bad this is compared to last year

To many poor new signings, and in my opinion too many "none team players" that walk around looking disinterested

We can't just chuck money at it thanks to platini and his mob, so what the fuck do we do?

We have to sort it or you get and arsenal where you sit and don't progress for over 5 years, which makes all this work fucking pointless

WNRH said:
I sometimes wonder and think, why when we have a team that has the likes of Hart, Zabaleta, Kompany, Silva, Nasri, Yaya and Aguero are we not doing more than what we have achieved so far.?

All of those players arrived before 2011 and we are now in 2015 and we have failed to support those players with more quality to progress in europe and dominate the English league.

We have won 2 leagues on the last day against two teams who as proved by the following season were nowhere near the quality of past premier league title challengers and two domestic cups. We have been utterly pathetic in Europe.

It seems silly to say this but this club has underachieved with the cluster of players above and that is something which i think we will come to regret in future years.

It all started in that summer of 2012 when we failed to progress by bringing in Sinclair, Maicon and Rodwell and you only have to have a look at the so called top sides best 6 signings over the last two seasons to see that we have done so poorly in comparison.

Chelsea - Costa, Fabregas, Luis, Willian, Matic, Schurrle.

United - Di Maria, Falcao, Blind, Herrera, Shaw, Mata

City - Mangala, Fernando, Cabellero, Navas, Fernandinho, Jovetic.

Barca - Suarez, Neymar, Rakitic, Mathieu, ter Stegen, Vermaelen.

Madrid - Rodriguez, Kroos, Bale, Isco, Carvajal, Navas (gk)

Bayern - Benatia, Alonso, Lewandowski, Gotze, Thiago, Bernat

I think Fernandinho is the only one who the others would even attempt to sign where as we would take 4/5 or even all of the others signings.

Whatever it is - bad dealing or FFP restrictions we really need a summer of big business, if we want to be considered a true big club.

We are nowhere near being a big club and won't be with the current squad.

Kun is our only player who can command the big stage when he is injury free and Silva with the space and the players to bring in that enable us to move the ball forward quickly you would have in a side that could dominate Europe.

As for the domestic league if Yaya is on his mettle and Kompany stays calm we are competitive but we will need major improvements over the summer if we are to continue to improve.

This squad will go backwards as things stand next season.

I dont agree with jovetic...he was one of the best players in a city shirt today till he was (wrongly) hauled off - he has been unlock with injuries but thats not the players fault

Navas is bang average and nothing I've seen over the last couple of seasons will change my mind on this...the worst part of his game is his decision making and taking that extra touch

If it were down to me Id sell cabellero, naves, kolorov and Milner now if we could replace them (they should certainly be gone in the summer) and his decision o give kolorov a new deal was a poor one as well (vastly overrated as an attacking threat and extremely poor defensively

Mangala is getting a lot of unfair stick at present as Kompany is playing no better - that is down to Pellegirnis tactics however which constantly puts out centre halves into situations where they are in a no win situation

for me its not about who we have brought in; its more about who we haven't got rid of just as much

We had a 25 page thread on our transfer dealings this weeks

According to most people it was wind up thread and our transfer dealings haven't been questionable

Blue tinted glasses at its finest

We've gone backwards apart from a handful of decent performances this season

Our transfer dealing have been close to atrocious over the last 3 summers. People can dress it up all they like and blame this or that but the recruitment hasn't been good enough. Txiki has a lot of work ahead of him.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.