Three years of bad transfer dealings

BayernMan said:
Eccles Blue said:
Maybe we should stop saying buy x, buy y, buy z & concentrate on developing & working with & keeping the players we already have & moulding them into a real team who are not constantly looking over their shoulders wondering who is being mooted for their job? Or is this too radical a thought?
Top post! People here should stop thinking your club is R.Madrid because of you try to play their game you will lose. You don't necessarily need a team full of "Galacticos" to be the best.

I agree, but to be fair the majority of complaints are more to do with our recent departures and whether or not their replacements are better.

For example we sold De Jong and then spent almost £50m on Rodwell, Garcia, and Fernando.

Blue Hefner said:
blueincy said:
Blue Hefner said:
Not a 'wum' in the slightest!

What exactly do you disagree with?
I may have been harsh on Dzecko but Bony has been bought now so he's sellable

It may of escaped your attention that our manager wants four strikers at the club and the Beast has been sold with a pre sale loan agreement in place.
Dzeko has been out injured most of the season and last season when the Beast wasn't firing and Aguero was out injured he stepped up and helped us win the League like he has done before. So with that in mind you sir are a WUM.

It hasn't escaped my attention at all but what's wrong with selling Dzecko and buying someone younger? Like I said, I may have been harsh on Dzecko but that's the only part of the most you have picked up on

A 'wum' as far as I know, is someone who diliberately posts to wind people up - that's isn't the case here and you seem to be struggling to back up your claim - your only response was to pick up on one aspect which I already conceded may have been harsh

It has escaped your attention because we still only have 3 strikers if DZEKO is sold, but 4 when Bony arrives..
You talk about bringing in some younger better hungrier players, who?
We had someone younger called John Guidetti but he wasn't offered the chance even though MP inquired about his availability because he rated him when he was Manager at Malaga. Not Premier League material is what's thrown around on here.
Fernando First season and you're showing him the door.
Mangala's first season playing with different partners all the time and you're showing him the door.
Jovetic the only standout player in yesterdays game and you're showing him the door.
All three of these players mentioned are Quality Yet you want younger inexperienced players which you will probably be on here slagging off in their first season anyway, ask Aston Villa what they think about your younger hungrier I won't say better players analogy.

Scaring Europe to Death said:
BayernMan said:
Eccles Blue said:
Maybe we should stop saying buy x, buy y, buy z & concentrate on developing & working with & keeping the players we already have & moulding them into a real team who are not constantly looking over their shoulders wondering who is being mooted for their job? Or is this too radical a thought?
Top post! People here should stop thinking your club is R.Madrid because of you try to play their game you will lose. You don't necessarily need a team full of "Galacticos" to be the best.

I agree, but to be fair the majority of complaints are more to do with losing a game.

For example we sold De Jong and then spent almost £50m on Rodwell, Garcia, and Fernando.

Edited

blueincy said:
Blue Hefner said:
blueincy said:
It may of escaped your attention that our manager wants four strikers at the club and the Beast has been sold with a pre sale loan agreement in place.
Dzeko has been out injured most of the season and last season when the Beast wasn't firing and Aguero was out injured he stepped up and helped us win the League like he has done before. So with that in mind you sir are a WUM.

It hasn't escaped my attention at all but what's wrong with selling Dzecko and buying someone younger? Like I said, I may have been harsh on Dzecko but that's the only part of the most you have picked up on

A 'wum' as far as I know, is someone who diliberately posts to wind people up - that's isn't the case here and you seem to be struggling to back up your claim - your only response was to pick up on one aspect which I already conceded may have been harsh

It has escaped your attention because we still only have 3 strikers if DZEKO is sold, but 4 when Bony arrives..
We had someone younger called John Guidetti but he wasn't offered the chance even though MP inquired about his availability because he rated him when he was Manager at Malaga. Not Premier League material is what's thrown around on here.
Mangala's first season playing with different partners all the time and you're showing him the door.
Jovetic the only standout player in yesterdays game and you're showing him the door.
All three of these players mentioned are Quality Yet you want younger inexperienced players which you will probably be on here slagging off in their first season anyway, ask Aston Villa what they think about your younger hungrier I won't say better players analogy.

We don't need 4 strikers if we are only in one competition because lets be honest we are not likely to get past Barca

Take away our 4 to players and there is a huge drop off in quality. In my opinion the squad is unbalanced in age and quality

Someone at the club needs to be brave and make some difficult decisions. Looking at how other teams are now playing against us I think Bony will have a major impact. We need someone to either create space for Sergio and Silva, or to utilise the space these two create. Since issuing long term contracts to several of our squad - which is an admiral stance - this seems to have back fired in some cases. Kolarov and Edin in particular look as though they no longer have the appetite. All our players are good, what makes the difference is desire and attitude. Look at Fernandinho last year, knowing he had to make a mark to get into the world cup squad he was fantastic. That's not saying he is now guilty of not trying, rather an illustration of how desire can elevate you to the next level. So back to my brave comment, we need to despatch to Italy AK, SJ for a start, get tougher on the likes of Sinclair and Milner maybe cut our losses and finally tell Edin his future is in the balance. To be fair to Edin he had a great last part of the season. Unfortunately Sergio's early season form made it clear who was first choice and Edin has returned to his usual torpor and then had his injury which compounded his situation. He now faces even more competition. I am sure that they will sort it out and perhaps we will look back at the last two results as a pivotal time in our conquest to join the elite?

Blue Hefner said:
blueincy said:
Blue Hefner said:

We don't need 4 strikers if we are only in one competition because lets be honest we are not likely to get past Barca

Take away our 4 to players and there is a huge drop off in quality. In my opinion the squad is unbalanced in age and quality

I love quotes like this one. Would we 'have a chance against Barcelona' if there was no Messi, Masherano, Neymar and Suarez (or Piquet)? What about Real Madrid with no Ronaldo, Bale, Benzema and Garcia? Chelsea with no Hazard, Costa, Matic and Terry? Of course we would. That's what taking any teams top 4 players does!

If we spend £80 million in the summer (if we have the funds to do that & allowed by FPP) then like most others I'd like to see us buying 2 £40m players, people who will genuinely enhance the team and who are more or less the finished article. I don't want us to spunk it on more £15m squad players like Navas and Fernando, we've got a big enough squad as it is and the Rodwells and their like have not added anything..
I'd also like us to finally introduce a couple of the younger players, whether it be Rekik or Denayer, or whoever is good enough to step up so we can finally be serious about the plans to take advantage of this famed academy.
We just seem to be paying casual lip service to youth in the last few years, sticking a couple of guys on the bench for cup games is a bit of a token gesture and two weeks later they're nowhere near the first team again.

Eccles Blue said:

I think thats a good post in every walk of live if you think you arent wanted you subconsciously 'give up' you might think you are still giving 100% but you arent.

Dave Ewing's Back 'eader said:
ManCitizens. said:
We should have paid Hazard/ Iscos parents what they wanted and got one of them here.

I think that Hazard wanted London and was pretty clear on that.

The biggest problem is that we adopt a game plan that is built on quality players displaying 110% patience, so we see a pattern of play where we dominate possession, and most of the stats except goals scored, and pass it backwards and sideways to people who are in no position to move the ball on, through the middle, beating players and opening up the middle of the pitch. We try to get round the back with our attacking FBs but in a twinkle it breaks down with a poor finish and we are immediately under the cosh with two or three defenders backtracking like fury with three or four attackers bearing down on them - Burnley, Sunderland, Boro. All ordinary sides but who are organised to play all day against the pattern of play we adopt.

We used to play with panache, creativity, flamboyance, and we are becoming less convincing each match.

nope. we lost him at the 11th hour. we were fannying.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.