Thunderbirds are go.

Bigg Bigg Blue

In a hole that just keeps getting deeper.
Team supported
Manchester City
Anybody watch this?
I thought it was ok and they seem to have stayed very true to the original although they have introduced a new character in the form of a female head of security and it looks like old Jeff Tracy has bit the dust but all the same quite enjoyable.

Think the puppets and effects were state of the art in the 60s when they were made and looked amazing for kids who would now be in their 40s and 50s
Don't think they would have the same appeal to todays kids with far superior technology available for making tv.
Thought the new show was ok don't know why brains is now an Indian and think the Hood may have Jeff prisoner .
Nice to hear the original 5 4 3 2 1

Saw the first 20 mins or so I like the nods to old Gerry Anderson stuff like Stingray on the TV, also the undersea ship looked like an eagle from space 1999

moon said:
Think the puppets and effects were state of the art in the 60s when they were made and looked amazing for kids who would now be in their 40s and 50s

As a boy in the 60s I enjoyed Thunderbirds but I wouldn't say kids in those days were amazed by the puppetry. I certainly wasn't. Even as an 8 year old I understood the 'Filmed in Supermarionation' joke in the credits, and we all noticed how the puppet characters suddenly got real human hands when those hands were shown in close up.

We just liked the action and adventure of the series.

This won't ever be topped. Tense as FUCK

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2lWNZowvWEk[/video]

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.