Thunderbirds are go.

I loved all the puppet Gerry Anderson series' back in the 60's and also the live action stuff as well. My favourite by a country mile had to be Fireball XL5, but Thunderbirds was great. I gave the new series 20 minutes and then knocked it off it just didn't do it for me.

Don't get me wrong whenever there's a rerun of the original series I always try to watch it, to try and capture a moment from childhood.

A fact about the Thunderbirds series in the 60's was that the head of the special effects was a guy called Derek Meddings and he went on to do minature work for the james Bond I think his first film was Live and let die which was 1973 I think.

Being 46, i loved it, the kids 4 and 6 did'nt want to watch it but could'nt take their eyes of the tv while it was on. could'nt believe it when they said next week at 8am !!

Mr Ed (The Stables) said:
I loved all the puppet Gerry Anderson series' back in the 60's and also the live action stuff as well. My favourite by a country mile had to be Fireball XL5, but Thunderbirds was great. I gave the new series 20 minutes and then knocked it off it just didn't do it for me.

Don't get me wrong whenever there's a rerun of the original series I always try to watch it, to try and capture a moment from childhood.

A fact about the Thunderbirds series in the 60's was that the head of the special effects was a guy called Derek Meddings and he went on to do minature work for the james Bond I think his first film was Live and let die which was 1973 I think.

Quite of few of the guys who worked on the Thunderbirds series where just students with an penchant for pyrhotechnics and special effects and as mentioned above quite a few went on to work in Hollywood and on the Bond films.

Tuearts right boot said:
Mr Ed (The Stables) said:

Quite of few of the guys who worked on the Thunderbirds series where just students with an penchant for pyrhotechnics and special effects and as mentioned above quite a few went on to work in Hollywood and on the Bond films.

I believe that Derek and Gerry had a row about working on a film together when Derek said to Gerry " You could not afford me " and this upset Gerry.

Lancet Fluke said:
Just watched the first ten mins or so with my son. To describe it as utter shit would be kind.

Yep up to the first break then turned over.

Just using the name for hits like the Magic Roundabout film.

blue b4 the moon said:
Lancet Fluke said:
Just watched the first ten mins or so with my son. To describe it as utter shit would be kind.

Yep up to the first break then turned over.

Just using the name for hits like the Magic Roundabout film.
Same as you a total mess neither puppets or CGI characters .just horrible off after 5 mins

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.