Ticket Collection Celtic away

Intolerance towards fellow supporters?? Lol it's just a different point of view mate but you enjoy yourself on your high horse.

What's fairer? A system that enables points whoring or supporter clubs pooling large amounts of tickets or a system that helps those that actually qualify (by attending games for years) have a chance of getting a ticket?
As we both agreed earlier the system was not introduced to stop points whoring, regardless of what some think.

As to high horses, they're reserved for those making comments regarding others ability to manage holiday allocations or travel arrangements.

Everyone has different priorities and different lifestyles. I prefer to leave it to them without comment.

As for me, I couldn't give a monkeys. Makes no odds about ticket collection as I work when it suits and take time off when I like. But I still have consideration for those that aren't as fortunate.

Last edited:
I've changed my travel because of that.
Was going to stay in Dortmund and travel in on the day of the game saving the €27 train fare. Can't do that now though without a ticket.

Maybe City will buy us all a travel pass for the day?

I'm going to email lisa see what the intentions are. If nothing else might make them think twice about the collection points for the Celtic and borrusia game

They should hire the Pot Still and supply free drams, that would be the only acceptable way for Glasgow. One per every 10 mins of queuing, and they get down the 20 year old stuff if it takes longer than half an hour.

I'm sure my match day ticket covered me last year and we used Cologne airport via Hamburg. Perhaps the train guy couldn't be arsed explaining/arguing with us?

We also used it to do Cologne to BVB a few years ago. We were about to pay, a rather nice BVB interjected and told the guy we'd be going to the game so we didn't need to pay.

There needs to be a system but not sure what would be best.
Perhaps a detail receipt with clear evidence of purchase, identity and such. Then collect actual tickets at the ground.

We had to collect duplicates at the Nou Camp, it was near fucking impossible it was so big and busy.

Moan moan bloody moan, the club have put in place systems that have proved to stop points whoring and people do nothing but Moan about having to pick up the tickets.

Its got nothing to do with moaning about picking up tickets. Ive done it in Kiev Paris and Madrid. Its accepted its here to stay its the practicality of implementing it for a game on home soil where people will be arriving later than most euro aways and also to a lesser degree the potential extra costs per person of train travel in Germany that should be free but likely wont be as we wont have match tickets in our possession

Obviously the current system needs to be drastically improved to make ticket collection much easier. The club do not seem to have given enough consideration to the convenience of travelling supporters when deciding on collection points.

But I just don't think its a realistic option to revert back to the previous arrangements, unless the club can introduce effective controls to prevent the system from being abused. The new arrangements have highlighted the extent of that abuse. The cat is well and truly out of the bag. If they were to simply revert back to the old arrangements they would seriously undermine the credibility and attractiveness of the points schemes.

I don't know what the answer is, but neither the new system nor the old system are fit for purpose.

As we both agreed earlier the system was not introduced to stop points whoring, regardless of what some think.

As to high horses, they're reserved for those making comments regarding others ability to manage holiday allocations or travel arrangements.

Everyone has different priorities and different lifestyles. I prefer to leave it to them without comment.

As for me, I couldn't give a monkeys. Makes no odds about ticket collection as I work when it suits and take time off when I like. But I still have consideration for those that aren't as fortunate.

Don't think we both agreed. I said that I wasn't 100% sure of the reasoning behind the decision to ask fans to collect the tickets.

In your opinion what's fairer? A system that enables points whores to build their points and also enables supporters clubs to pool tickets and distribute within their clique. Or a system that reduces the above happening meaning that more fans that actually qualify get more chance of obtaining tickets for games?

I'm sure City will do what's right as best they can. As for the Celtic game it may well be coming in for high profile league and Cup away games.

The ticket collection policy at European matches is most beneficial to those of us on mid-range points because we now know we're less likely to miss out on tickets and can book travel and accommodation with some confidence. From the clubs perspective, once you've got your wristband, you're who you say you are and, despite being told at every game to bring photo ID, no one has ever looked at it. Not sure how they can operate a collection system in Glasgow. If they are really determined to make sure the ticket purchaser is the match going ticket holder then the only option is random checks at the turnstile and won't that be fun!

Personally I'm glad that the club has introduced something that makes it more difficult for fans who buy tickets and sell them on regularly just so they can stay at the front of the queue.

It's not the clubs fault that some that want to go can only take half a days holiday etc. Ticket collection ensures that those that purchase tickets actually go to the game and that's fair.

I little bit of an inconvenience at times maybe but I'm all for it.

Spot on.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.