Ticket exchange launched

KPXBLN

New video on the OS about the ticket exchange system.
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.mcfc.co.uk/News/Tickets-and-Travel/2012/May/Ticket-exchange-scheme-launch" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.mcfc.co.uk/News/Tickets-and- ... eme-launch</a>

Thoughts? I personally doubt that season tickets go unused very often. Most people know someone they can pass it on to when they can't go. I guess the main difference this will make is make it easier for people who don't already know a ST holder to get match tickets.

I think it's a great idea and disagree that season tickets don't go unused. We sold out every league game but the empty seats (ST holders not showing up) were very noticeable, embarrassingly so earlier in the season when many were probably still on holiday. With this system the no-shows could have sold on their seats to people dying to go to the game. Win-win.

LoveCity said:
I think it's a great idea and disagree that season tickets don't go unused. We sold out every league game but the empty seats (ST holders not showing up) were very noticeable, embarrassingly so earlier in the season when many were probably still on holiday. With this system the no-shows could have sold on their seats to people dying to go to the game. Win-win.

Correct, how else can we explain every league game this season being sold out, yet at almost every one bar the derby and QPR there are hundreds of empty seats (especially midweek in the family stand).
These can only be seasoncard holders not turning up for whatever reason. You would hardly buy a ticket for an individual match and then not bother would you?

seemedownkippaxstreet said:
I personally doubt that season tickets go unused very often.

You'll be surprised.

Peoples circumstances change, either work/relationship/health and this can affect their attendance.

Where we sit most are SC holders yet quite a number haven't turned up regularly.
This isn't a case of not bothering either, with the guy who sit's next to me - he has a medical condition and this has stopped him attending a few games, add to that his work shifts changing - and he's probably been to about 4/5 games this season.

The Ticket Exchange will help Blues who can't get tickets as they're sold out, able to watch the match.

PrestwichPeteMcfc said:
I don't agree with you being allowed to sell the ticket over face value

Couldn't this encourage touts to sign up and grab season cards then just sell the seat for every game at maximum profit allowed?

I also don't agree with the loyalty points staying with you, should be passed on to the buyer.

But a great idea nonetheless, especially for fans further afield.

LoveCity said:
PrestwichPeteMcfc said:
I don't agree with you being allowed to sell the ticket over face value

Couldn't this encourage touts to sign up and grab season cards then just sell the seat for every game at maximum profit allowed?
I believe the maximum number of games you can sell your seat for is capped at six per season.

This scheme seems a very good idea. If up to 4000 seasoncard holders miss a game, as is often claimed, then that means alot more blues can get into the games..

I think I read somewhere you have to sell at least 4 weeks in advance of game. This seems a bit restrictive to me and will reduce the take up.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.