Ticket exchange launched

Me and the Mrs go to Goa every year in Jan and Eurpoe at the end of August for two weeks - have always gave our tickets away for free to the same two friends of ours.
Unfortunately, they lose out now it seems! If we miss two games and recoup at least £25 each for the tickets, then thats the upgrade to Platinum paid for!

I think city shot themselves in the foot a little by allowing fans to sell them for cheaper than the club are.
Some may buy from there instead of buying unsold ones from the club meaning games may not sell out.
I would have said do the ticket exchange but only after the club had sold out.

117 M34 said:
I think city shot themselves in the foot a little by allowing fans to sell them for cheaper than the club are.
Some may buy from there instead of buying unsold ones from the club meaning games may not sell out.

The rags have a ticket exchange and they operate it on a sold-out only basis. I'm guessing City will be doing the same.

On balance I'm sure the club think this is a benefit to them rather than a shot in the foot because it'll make it easier for newer fans, who they want to attract to make money off, to get tickets.

Kippaxian said:
Me and the Mrs go to Goa every year in Jan and Eurpoe at the end of August for two weeks - have always gave our tickets away for free to the same two friends of ours.
Unfortunately, they lose out now it seems! If we miss two games and recoup at least £25 each for the tickets, then thats the upgrade to Platinum paid for!

My understanding is that the minimum price for re sale will be at least 90% of the real value not less + any charges so for e.g the last derby tickets about £50 I think, might sell for £70 if any one is daft enough to sell
overall think its a good thing and something I been asking for

Like you will be away for part of the season new year 2013 so have will have 3 seats for sale

will see how it goes

seemedownkippaxstreet said:
I think its the opposite GSW - you can sell your ticket UP to 4 weeks in advance.

That would make a lot more sense. I will try and pay more attention in future. Cheers pal.

Ive spent a lot of time reading over the ticket exchange system. Its of interest to me as I am moving to Australia but will be keeping my season ticket and would like to recoup some of my £715 cost.

Key things are as follows

1) You can list your ticket up to 8 weeks before the match but only sell it 4 weeks before.
2) Each member may only sell their ticket / bundle of tickets 6 times a season.
3) Seller keeps the loyalty points for the ticket.
4) You can sell your ticket at 90-150% of the match day price. That to me reads as I can sell it at up to 150% of the matchday price ie the matchday price being what man City sell tickets to non season ticket holders for.

I would note that someone purchasing a ticket for the derby game will end up paying a lot when they take into account a probably 150% face value and commission etc.<br /><br />-- Thu May 31, 2012 12:15 pm --<br /><br />Oh even if you sell it at 90% of face value it will still work out more than the club charge as there is 15% commission amongst other charges.

bowp said:
4) You can sell your ticket at 90-150% of the match day price. That to me reads as I can sell it at up to 150% of the matchday price ie the matchday price being what man City sell tickets to non season ticket holders for.
I can't understand the logic of the club allowing people to charge 150% of the matchday price. It should be a service for people to recoup their costs if they can't go, not an opportunity to make a profit.

Last time we had Seat Exchange, didn't they calculate the price based on the average cost of a season ticket per game? i.e. £560 / 19 = £29 per match.

That's the cost to the season ticket holder of missing a game, but are they really now saying they could potentially sell a Cat A ticket for £75???

Do that six times and they've recouped £270 on the cost of their season ticket.

Doesn't make sense to me.

seemedownkippaxstreet said:
117 M34 said:

The rags have a ticket exchange and they operate it on a sold-out only basis. I'm guessing City will be doing the same.

On balance I'm sure the club think this is a benefit to them rather than a shot in the foot because it'll make it easier for newer fans, who they want to attract to make money off, to get tickets.

No, there's no indication in the T&Cs that tickets can only be sold on if all other tickets are sold. The rags did operate that policy but from the the start of last season they withdrew from viagogo, a sign that they were no longer selling out weeks in advance.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.mcfc.co.uk/Home/Tickets%20and%20Membership/Benefits/~/link.aspx?_id=AB2389F6778645EA95388F1C6F7FEEFE&_z=z#sec9" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.mcfc.co.uk/Home/Tickets%20an ... &_z=z#sec9</a>

Dubai Blue said:
bowp said:
I can't understand the logic of the club allowing people to charge 150% of the matchday price. It should be a service for people to recoup their costs if they can't go, not an opportunity to make a profit.

Last time we had Seat Exchange, didn't they calculate the price based on the average cost of a season ticket per game? i.e. £560 / 19 = £29 per match.

That's the cost to the season ticket holder of missing a game, but are they really now saying they could potentially sell a Cat A ticket for £75???

Do that six times and they've recouped £270 on the cost of their season ticket.

Doesn't make sense to me.

The 150% max. price could be intended as a deterrent to touts sourcing their tickets from Ticket Exchange, a buyer would have to pay £86.25 incl. 15% commission to purchase the ticket, about 170% of face value. For a "routine" derby early on in the season I doubt that touts would expect to get much more than £100 for a home end ticket so getting one off T/E would eat into his profit margin.

PrestwichPeteMcfc said:
I don't agree with you being allowed to sell the ticket over face value

Depends what they mean by face value. The video mentions published faced value.

Is that the cost of your season ticket divided by 19 or is it the standard price for your seat if you were to buy it normally. I guess its the price published for a similar seat if you were to buy normally. I take it the exchange deal applies to people on platinum who are in the cup scheme as well?

I agree with your sentiments. The price should be fixed at the normal buy price for that particuar game.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.