Ticket exchange launched

I think this is a great idea. Me and my dad miss around 5 games per season because we are out of town. We've always found it hard to sell our tickets because most of our friends are rags. This way the seats won't be empty and I'll get a nice money boost as well.

I often have a couple of spare tickets on night games if we can't get someone to look after the baby. Of course I still get the the game, it's the mrs and my eldest that miss out.

Believe it or not I often struggle to sell/give away the tickets to friends as its too easy to watch at home/in pub for free.

Ability to offer tickets to a wider audience than just my friends is great for me.

lancs blue said:
seemedownkippaxstreet said:
117 M34 said:
I think city shot themselves in the foot a little by allowing fans to sell them for cheaper than the club are.
Some may buy from there instead of buying unsold ones from the club meaning games may not sell out.
I would have said do the ticket exchange but only after the club had sold out.

The rags have a ticket exchange and they operate it on a sold-out only basis. I'm guessing City will be doing the same.

On balance I'm sure the club think this is a benefit to them rather than a shot in the foot because it'll make it easier for newer fans, who they want to attract to make money off, to get tickets.

No, there's no indication in the T&Cs that tickets can only be sold on if all other tickets are sold. The rags did operate that policy but from the the start of last season they withdrew from viagogo, a sign that they were no longer selling out weeks in advance.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.mcfc.co.uk/Home/Tickets%20and%20Membership/Benefits/~/link.aspx?_id=AB2389F6778645EA95388F1C6F7FEEFE&_z=z#sec9" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.mcfc.co.uk/Home/Tickets%20an ... &_z=z#sec9</a>

Dubai Blue said:
bowp said:
4) You can sell your ticket at 90-150% of the match day price. That to me reads as I can sell it at up to 150% of the matchday price ie the matchday price being what man City sell tickets to non season ticket holders for.
I can't understand the logic of the club allowing people to charge 150% of the matchday price. It should be a service for people to recoup their costs if they can't go, not an opportunity to make a profit.

Last time we had Seat Exchange, didn't they calculate the price based on the average cost of a season ticket per game? i.e. £560 / 19 = £29 per match.

That's the cost to the season ticket holder of missing a game, but are they really now saying they could potentially sell a Cat A ticket for £75???

Do that six times and they've recouped £270 on the cost of their season ticket.

Doesn't make sense to me.

The 150% max. price could be intended as a deterrent to touts sourcing their tickets from Ticket Exchange, a buyer would have to pay £86.25 incl. 15% commission to purchase the ticket, about 170% of face value. For a "routine" derby early on in the season I doubt that touts would expect to get much more than £100 for a home end ticket so getting one off T/E would eat into his profit margin.

I didn't realise that about the terms and conditions, although I'd guess given that any ticket sold through the Ticket Exchange will be subject to a commission taken by City, (and perhaps another taken by whichever company operates the exchange system), a ticket from Ticket Exchange is going to be more expensive than the same ticket bought direct from the club, even when the season ticket holder is only getting 90% of the face value. Which would mean in effect that someone looking for a match ticker would only use Ticket Exchange to buy their ticket after the club had sold out - unless they were determined to sit in a specific section of the ground I guess.

You could be right about deterring touts. I did quite a bit of research into touts for an article I was writing (occasional freelance journo) and apparently touts used to use Viagogo to buy rag tickets sometimes and sell on. The added advantage of a paper ticket like that is you can sell it without having to worry about collecting it again later, unlike a season card.

Can these be linked with another ST and sold as 2 seats sat together?

As mentioned, me and the other half will be away, so 2 seats (standing - 110) together will be available - this will hopefully be more of a selling point for somebody who actually wants 2 together rather than having to try and match two singles together from the tickets available

Ubiquitous said:
I think this is a great idea. Me and my dad miss around 5 games per season because we are out of town. We've always found it hard to sell our tickets because most of our friends are rags. This way the seats won't be empty and I'll get a nice money boost as well.

You need to get some new friends :-)

I am happy this service is being offered and not before time! I keep my season ticket going in the South stand because i like where i sit and the chat and banter,plus i want my seat guaranteed for every game. Due to work commitments however i can miss a lot of games.It makes sense i get some money back for those games and a City fan who might otherwise miss it gets to see it.It is a win/win situation for me.

Its a great idea. Live in Southampton and the lad and missus can rarely make mid week games. Also, we've done hospitality a few times but felt as if we've been seen of as you feel as though your paying for the game twice. This way you can sell your seats to help pay for the hospitality day. Win win.

Kippaxian said:

As mentioned, me and the other half will be away, so 2 seats (standing - 110) together will be available - this will hopefully be more of a selling point for somebody who actually wants 2 together rather than having to try and match two singles together from the tickets available

You must be able to as the Family Stand tickets can only be sold as a block of tickets, say1 adult+2 kids - not individually.

Can a supporter on a Stadium Ban buy or sell on the Ticket Exchange? No

Looks like Blue Moon will still be in business then

lancs blue said:
Kippaxian said:

You must be able to as the Family Stand tickets can only be sold as a block of tickets, say1 adult+2 kids - not individually.

Tickets can be sold as a bundle so long as the tickets are linked in your Friends & Family on MCFC.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.