ticket exchange where is it??

I emailed viagogo (a rather stroppy email) and this was their response

We apologise if you have experienced issues in linking your Manchester City season ticket to the viagogo marketplace. Unfortunately it is not possible to link a season ticket out of season, but if you try again August 6th 2012, you should be able to process this.

Kim

Cheers Kim,

I've managed to link mine. I'm going to try and put up S'ton tickets soon, I'll update when I've tried<br /><br />-- Thu Aug 02, 2012 1:33 pm --<br /><br />Seems to have listed fine, but tickets for that game are not for sale on Viagogo yet. We'll see on the 6th I guess

Link now on the OS shows tickets for sale for Southampton game. Not able to put my ticket for Arsenal on the site yet so they must be phasing them in. I'm on my hols so I supose the extra money for Platinum will even itself out.

ticket exchange FACE VALUE

1)signed up and thought it was worth a report on process and what it adds to the the main item of interest here on tickets face value

2)The site lists your particular seat @ the cost of a paper ticket bought from the ground so for example for Southampton If I bought from city £52 with my season card average over 19 games would cost £33.16

3)It only lets you list @ a predetermined range 90% to 150% so its is always going to be more that blue moon averaged face value ie £33.16 in this case from £50 to £78

4)So....if you sell at the top price the breakdown is as follows:
Your price per ticket: £78.00
Number of tickets: x 1
Total price on site: £78.00
Seller fee: -£7.80
VAT: -£1.56
You'll Receive: £68.64

5)it also tells you via a competitive indicator how many tickets are on sale and the price ranges currently there are 18 on the site for S/H
9 cheaper or @ £52 & 9 costing more

6)once listed you put in your bank or paypal account details and confirm ie
Section: East Stand 109 First Seat: xxx Last Seat: xxx 1 £52.00 £52.00
SELLER FEES: -£5.20
VAT: -£1.04
YOU'LL RECEIVE: £45.76

7) and wait for someone to buy the seat

8) Conclusion

+'s easy no need to hand over your SC card money straight to your account As you have to have some MCFC ID to buy should stop non fans the glory hunters and plastics ( as defined by 660 page blue moon postings getting into true blues seats

-'s does't allow you to sell at the cost or less if your feeling munificent so I guess its back to blue moon if you want to do that with the risk of handing over your card and the associated hassle if your buyer goes ape shit in your seat nuts a steward stands all the match smokes throws a flair and then loses your SC card!! exaggerated to make a point
the charges are costly to you and the buyer

interesting stuff not actually selling but thought it was worth a romp through the process to see how hard /easy it was and its relatively straight forward and understandable ........

VERDICT

useful resource with a bit of tweeking ie the charges should pegged @ 2% its another choice for blues wanting to buy or sell to other fans with a relative degree of security

does anybody know if you have to send your sc to the buyer.

I presumed that the buyer would be able to print off something with the relavent bar code or something like.
But reading the Viagogo website it looks as though you have to post and i presume the buyer would then have to post back which is no good if there are only a day or 2 between games.

Tried phoning the city helpline viagogo 0161 850 0935 which is just cutting me off everytime.

Coversure Blue 74 said:
does anybody know if you have to send your sc to the buyer.

I presumed that the buyer would be able to print off something with the relavent bar code or something like.
But reading the Viagogo website it looks as though you have to post and i presume the buyer would then have to post back which is no good if there are only a day or 2 between games.

Tried phoning the city helpline viagogo 0161 850 0935 which is just cutting me off everytime.

As the person buying it has to be a blue member I would have thought they'd activated their card and unactivate yours. It's stupid if you have to physicsal send the card off.

No, as the seller you always keep the card. Thats why this system is great

However, the cons are that the seller gets charged 10%. Also, I've just looked at the total cost of buying. There are 2xSS tickets at 44.10 each. The summary total once you checkout is £109. So for that, viagogo get:

10% of 2x 44 = 8.80 - 10% from the seller
About 25% from the buyer. £21 for £88 worth of tickets. £109 total.

So for tickets sold for £88, they make ~£30. Well done to them, FECK for the rest of us.

Still, great to see most City fans not going anywhere near the full 150% of face value for this game. There are MANY tickets listed on that TicEx that are BELOW face value. Sure, once the buyer pays Viagogo's fees, then it's pretty much face value they've paid, but the seller receives much less after the fees too.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.