Ticket fraud on Blue Moon Forum!

Paul Powers Bar said:
S.H.R.E.K said:
Always said we should have a trusted seller and buyer list on here.

very good idea

Completely. I'd hope someone could trust me due to how long I've been on the forum and my post count - but it's a very good idea indeed.

Was gonna sort this guy a Semi ticket, he seemed legit, just shows you should always have your guard up! He backed out because of this scandal.
4y6eha8y.jpg

I am ashamed to say thay i may be the Superbia member that he `conned`
Where do i start - have also let moderators know the situation.
When i dealt with him in 2011 he used `MrLeeC` as his id.
He seemed very plausible - his hair was a bit longer then & he wore spectacles so be warned he can look a bit different to the photograph.
I know you have to be careful when selling tkts, but i actually met him ouside the stadium when i handed over the QPR tkt & my Seasoncard for the following home game i couldn`t make.
He didn`t pay for QPR tkt & when i tried to ring him - went to answerphone etc would not return my calls it went on for days.
Worst of all i did not get my Seasoncard back & infact he (or someone) he knows used it for the next home game though he claimed it had been posted back to me ! I had to ask for a replacement Seasoncard to be issued as he did not - nor ever has returned the card to me.
This is not sour grapes by the way - i was quite pepared to put this behind me & put it down to experience & move on - after all this was 2 years ago & imagine how stupid i felt.
I am 57 years old & so i thought wise enough to be able to trust fellow blues - how wrong i was.
I felt sick at what happened & ashamed which is why i have not mentioned it in over 2 years. The picture is his by the way. I was happy to let it just become history but the fact that he is still up to his old tricks & is using multiple ID s on Bluemoon - i thought it was time to try to prevent other blues being `conned`.

We've all been conned in one way or the other over the years. People can be streetwise as anything but if you let your guard down for only a second then you've been had. I once trusted a Cab Driver who said the back light had broken and he only had coin change. I was due £7 / £8 back and he sped off once I got out with £3 in largely silver coins. There were so many I clenched them in my hand and got out as we were at the lights (by his encouragement) and that was it. Ripped.

I too have been let down by someone claiming they'd have a spare from me. Never showed up and never paid.

Perhaps instead of a trusted sellers list, which could be manipulated by someone doing a few legit transactions to become "trusted" before starting to rip us off,
Could we do a list of dodgy characters where people can name and shame con artists and even those who simply just waste your time by not showing up or claiming to have tickets then letting you down?

mcfc-mike said:
Perhaps instead of a trusted sellers list, which could be manipulated by someone doing a few legit transactions to become "trusted" before starting to rip us off,
Could we do a list of dodgy characters where people can name and shame con artists and even those who simply just waste your time by not showing up or claiming to have tickets then letting you down?

Meh, once their username/email/phone is on this list, they quickly change to a new name etc...

As I mentioned, we need a decent guide with suggestions from fellow Blues on how to avoid being scammed.

Might create one myself actually, send me some suggestions people, I'll start a topic, hopefully mods will pin this topic

stella6yew said:
I am ashamed to say thay i may be the Superbia member that he `conned`
Where do i start - have also let moderators know the situation.
When i dealt with him in 2011 he used `MrLeeC` as his id.
He seemed very plausible - his hair was a bit longer then & he wore spectacles so be warned he can look a bit different to the photograph.
I know you have to be careful when selling tkts, but i actually met him ouside the stadium when i handed over the QPR tkt & my Seasoncard for the following home game i couldn`t make.
He didn`t pay for QPR tkt & when i tried to ring him - went to answerphone etc would not return my calls it went on for days.
Worst of all i did not get my Seasoncard back & infact he (or someone) he knows used it for the next home game though he claimed it had been posted back to me ! I had to ask for a replacement Seasoncard to be issued as he did not - nor ever has returned the card to me.
This is not sour grapes by the way - i was quite pepared to put this behind me & put it down to experience & move on - after all this was 2 years ago & imagine how stupid i felt.
I am 57 years old & so i thought wise enough to be able to trust fellow blues - how wrong i was.
I felt sick at what happened & ashamed which is why i have not mentioned it in over 2 years. The picture is his by the way. I was happy to let it just become history but the fact that he is still up to his old tricks & is using multiple ID s on Bluemoon - i thought it was time to try to prevent other blues being `conned`.

Do you sit in the lower tier corner where the south stand meets the east? This is where i saw him bragging about a Superbia membership with 8,400 loyalty points and i seen him sat there for a few games if it isn't where you sit then he had someone else over with a Superbia membership!

<a class="postlink-local" href="http://forums.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=282310" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">viewtopic.php?f=2&t=282310</a>

New topic created on the avoidance of being scammed.

Please contribute guys. let fellow blues know of your experiences so we can put a stop to this.

I think it must be mine - in 2011 i had about 8400 points.
I sit in East Stand Level 1 near half way line - but of course once you are through the turnstles you can stand / go where you want.
It was the home game against Wolves on 29th October 2011 but he claimed to have sent my card back (in the post) a week earlier & yet it was used to access the stadium at 2.01pm on the day of the game in question.

It sounds like a lot of hassle just to save/make a few quid i couldn't even be arsed.

He obviously has never been held accountable before because if you gave him a tap on the beak he would probably cry.

Silly man.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.