Ticket Help - City v Liverpool

billymumphrey

Hi,

Thanks in advance to anyone who responds - am hoping some on here can point me in the right direction.

As an Aussie blue, one of my mates has enquired as to whether or not i'd be able to purchase tickets to the City v Liverpool match at the Etihad.

I've been a blue member for the last few years and will probably sign on to whatever the new membership program is, but firstly how likely am I to actually get a ticket for the game and what is the best way to go about it logistically?

As I haven't been a matchgoing fan, I've got next to no loyalty points and I assume with a match of this stature the chances of getting a ticket would be slim to none. Would assume that demand would be there so that this game wouldn't go on to general sale, and even my the number of loyalty points that I've accumulated, would probably sell out beforeI was able to buy.

However, if I am able to get a ticket through these means, how would I actually get it to my mate? Is it assigned to my card so I'd physically have to give it to my mate, or can I get a paper based ticket or electronic ticket? Would my mate have to pretend to be me essentially to get in?

I know the club uses Viagogo - is this an alternative I should consider?

Or should I use this forum here to source a ticket? And how does that even work?

I must admit that I am a novice with all of this so any advice (and even some gentle pisstaking) will be most welcome.

Thanks in Advance!

billymumphrey said:
Hi,

Thanks in advance to anyone who responds - am hoping some on here can point me in the right direction.

As an Aussie blue, one of my mates has enquired as to whether or not i'd be able to purchase tickets to the City v Liverpool match at the Etihad.

I've been a blue member for the last few years and will probably sign on to whatever the new membership program is, but firstly how likely am I to actually get a ticket for the game and what is the best way to go about it logistically?

As I haven't been a matchgoing fan, I've got next to no loyalty points and I assume with a match of this stature the chances of getting a ticket would be slim to none. Would assume that demand would be there so that this game wouldn't go on to general sale, and even my the number of loyalty points that I've accumulated, would probably sell out beforeI was able to buy.

However, if I am able to get a ticket through these means, how would I actually get it to my mate? Is it assigned to my card so I'd physically have to give it to my mate, or can I get a paper based ticket or electronic ticket? Would my mate have to pretend to be me essentially to get in?

Or should I use this forum here to source a ticket? And how does that even work?

I must admit that I am a novice with all of this so any advice (and even some gentle pisstaking) will be most welcome.

Thanks in Advance!

A ticket for a mate ?
Tell the red twat to sort his own out

mrt4919 said:
billymumphrey said:
Hi,

Thanks in Advance!

A ticket for a mate ?
Tell the red twat to sort his own out

He's not a City or a Pool fan actually.

Is just a football fan - follows the A League more then any other code. He's in london for a trip with his missus and actually wants to watch some footy rather than going shopping or whatever his missus wants to do. He's sorted out tickets already to West Ham v Tottenham and Fulham v Wolverhampton, but was just enquiring as to whether I'd be able to get him City v Liverpool tickets as he knew I was a blue member.

I said I'd ask around what the best way is. Thats all.

I'm in a similar boat to your friends, me and the wife coming over from Australia and will be in Manchester when the Liverpool game on, now just have to try to get tickets!

If your signing up to the Cityzen memberships it is worth noting that they say there is a Special ticket allocation to International Cityzens when visiting Manchester, not sure how this works yet but could be an option. Alternatively if your friends really keen may be worth looking at hospitality options? Have emailed the club about what is available for Liverpool game but haven't heard back yet.

Best of luck!

All onsite hospitality is SOLD OUT FOR THE SEASON !! And cheapest for a Liverpool game would be more than 200 quid !

They are going to offer offsite hospitality at the Crowne Plaza in Manchester. Meal before and coach to/from the game.

If it's true that as part of Ctyzens they'll keep tickets for overseas visitors, that's brilliant (for me)

Hi, if anyone has any tickets - 3 if poss, for the L'pool match please can you PM me :-)

Hi all,

Am getting married August 9 and will be in London for Liverpool weekend for our honeymoon. I've convinced the fiancée (wife-to-be) to attend the City Liverpool game. Somehow. Just purchased the City membership, but if anyone has any additional direction for getting a ticket to the game would be helpful.

Thanks y'all.

Just thought I'd bump this.
Right.My lad is on holiday in Spain for the Liverpool game so his ticket is going..
It is a junior so can be used by a junior or if anybody wants it as an adult they can upgrade it.
It is in South Level 2 block 216.
pm me and we can discuss.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.