Ticketing Compliance Manager - Man City

Hopefully he or she starts by looking at the CL final, should we be in it, and working out why the club does not prioritise season ticket holders on the cup scheme with points, and then season ticket holders with points not in the cup scheme, and at least make sure people’s loyalty is rewarded, and that being in a supporters club does NOT prioritise and if 1 season ticket 2 cup scheme 3 loyalty points

In classic City fashion this will probably focus on individual fans who pass a ticket onto a mate or younger relative, rather than the huge number of tickets that are ending up with touting agencies, etc.
You've nailed it exactly. It will become even more tortorous to pass on a ticket at face value, but livefootballtickets, who are still advertising 860 available tickets for Sunday's Derby game, will still be selling in huge numbers.

What about away tickets ending up on 3rd party ticket resale sites?

That surely needs to be investigated by the club even if it costs the club money to buy the ticket back to trace the seller,and to ban the seller from receiving away tickets. That includes Corporate package away ticket sellers.

I don't believe for 1 second the club are selling away tickets to 3rd party ticket resale websites. Surely the club wouldn't stoop that low?

Like many City fans who are desperate for an away ticket and are lucky enough to get one, I would never sell my away ticket to a 3rd party resale website.
Yes they should look at that too.

I don’t think the Club need to sell away directly to third party sites for away games. They just engineer the system so they benefit anyway. For example, hard to shift corporate boxes are sold to people / companies and no questions are when the box holders get a sizeable away allocation. Likewise touts who bought up rows of hard to sell seats many years ago and the. accrued ticket points guaranteed some away tickets.

I am tempted to apply for this role. I don’t think they want someone who would turn a blind eye to any misdemeanour by a Blue but lock Up any rag or bin dipper found in the wrong end
How’s the application going? According to the ad on LinkedIn there have been over 100 applicants already so it will be a tough role to land.

How’s the application going? According to the ad on LinkedIn there have been over 100 applicants already so it will be a tough role to land.
Likely that 100 figure is incorrect. LinkedIn counts people who have viewed the job details but who haven’t necessarily gone through the application process. Plus there’ll be lots of timewasters in it.

You've nailed it exactly. It will become even more tortorous to pass on a ticket at face value, but livefootballtickets, who are still advertising 860 available tickets for Sunday's Derby game, will still be selling in huge numbers.
903 available now,it’s a disgrace.

I've just had the email about being a concessionary SC holder possibly needing ID for the derby for the second time. They are obviously ramping up checking who is getting in on what ticket. Doesn't affect me as the rare times I can't go I just put it up on the ticket exchange.

903 available now,it’s a disgrace.
Many times these companies don't have the actual ticket, they try to source once they have a buyer. However if this compliance manager really wants to do their job properly this is where they should start together with City's own personnel.

Not sure, given all the debate over tickets where this sits but it probably deserves its own thread. The club is currently recruiting for a Ticketing Compliance Manager - full details can be found here https://www.linkedin.com/jobs/view/3838432700

The interesting bit is this:

The successful applicant will actively investigate ticket re-sale misuse for home and away matches and fraud along with all aspects of ticket touting to ensure that the Club’s terms and conditions are adhered to and that crimes under the Serious and Organised Crime Act 2005 and the Criminal Justice and Public Order Act 1994.are minimised.

You will develop a comprehensive policy to ensure a comprehensive and sustainable model for the identification, investigation and prevention of ticket sale misuse and touting.

You'll use data analytics to identify trends and patterns of ticket purchases alongside pro-active investigation into ticket re-sale through all unauthorised channels including online, social and face to face.

If they started investigating in house that would be a good starting point!
Sounds like a job for that scouse post office investigator

"y'know la, deh people above"

Too bad the club can’t actually be arsed investigating things like violence and racism in the stands or rampant drug taking which leads to the above.

But let’s focus on the things that really matter, Gary from block 325 skimmed 20 quid by using an OAP ticket instead of a full price one, let’s have a crackdown.

I’m so so so close to telling them to get fucked and watching Maine Road FC every other Saturday instead.
This made me laugh, especially when I received an email from the Club this afternoon reminding me that my ticket for this Sundays game is concessionary (old fart) and that I should bring proof of age as it may be checked.

Its all about priorities !

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.