Tim Cahill - Yes or No

johnmc

Now hear me out first.

Obviously talent wise he isnt better than what we have. But on the other hand we dont have a player like him either.

Yaya has played as the furthest forward midfielder. Some would say he has done well in this role, which he has on occasion, but maybe not on others, as it probably isnt his position really.

Also, we are over reliant on Tevez's goals at the minute, and one accusation is not getting people in the box, and we have yet to score a header.

I'm not Cahills biggest fan, he is a bit of a tool, but he would certainly fit in our team I think when we play that system.

mrksdawn19 said:
No,

We want to make steps forward, and not steps backward

Granted. But we dont have any other players of his ilk. We dont have a midfielder that makes runs into the box and gives a real goal threat.

I dont see how its a step back as we dont have someone to compare to. He would be relatively cheap I reckon and knows the league. I reckon he could do a job.

johnmc said:
mrksdawn19 said:
No,

We want to make steps forward, and not steps backward

Granted. But we dont have any other players of his ilk. We dont have a midfielder that makes runs into the box and gives a real goal threat.

I dont see how its a step back as we dont have someone to compare to. He would be relatively cheap I reckon and knows the league. I reckon he could do a job.[/quote/]

True, we probably need someone to clean Carlos's boots

mrksdawn19 said:

We are too over reliant on Tevez's goals. Everyone can see that. Cahill is a midfielder who consistently gets double figures. What midfielder do we have that could do that?

Dont tell me Cahill over a season wouldnt be a better attacking midfielder than Yaya. Not an attack on Yaya that, just he can play that rle but its not his position.

mrksdawn19 said:

I dont see how its a step back as we dont have someone to compare to. He would be relatively cheap I reckon and knows the league. I reckon he could do a job.[/quote/]

he wouldnt be cheap john.. he signed a new 5 year deal last year didnt he?

it was either 4 or 5 i cant remember

but i see what you mean, either from set pieces or from runs he would add something to our midfield... but i think our squad would more benefit from a Schweinstiger type player

He's good but he's 31 in a week's time and his decline could be imminent in the next year or two.

No. Fantastic in the air, granted but other than that, not for me im afraid.

He has found his level at EFC.

There is no other player like him in the prem nevermind at our place, maybe to old for us now, also not sure he would suit us seems to revel in being up against it, proving people wrong if you like take that away and not sure he would be the same player

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.