Time added on

I always suspected that this gave powers to pgmol to extend our cut short games.

But in hindsight I think it allows them to (a degree) manage the product, make it more entertaining. Last minute goals are exciting.

Actually, based on 15 games stretching over a 3 month period

Think the point he’s making is we were losing in only one of those 15 games.

Whereas you’re lumping in drawing in the same category as losing.

Undoubtably the opposition are more likely to be happy with a point than we are on average.

But to class them both as exactly the same situation is maybe skewing the analysis a little.

I'm sorry but the approach to this is ridiculous. Time added on (should) be based on how much time has been lost in the game. To equate it to the score line even when using the data to prove/disprove bias is nonsense. The only way to prove or disprove bias is to provide data on how long the ball was out of play for and compare it to how much time was added on.

Even if it was a reliable statistical analysis does this conclusion tell you anything at all about the existence of bias?

"The maths is quite simple. On average, in games where we are winning an average of 7.36 minutes is added on. In games where we are losing or drawing (and therefore need a goal) an average of 6.25 minutes has been added on."

Is there a new law in the FA Cup where no time is added if the result is beyond doubt. Must have missed that one.
Maybe Alti is trying to get the game null and voided. pleased he blew up before we picked up any more injuries but you would think he would add something.

Independent time keeper (like rugby league) Rolling substitutions (like rugby league)
Obvious injury, time stops (like rugby league)
Game stops at the designated time (like rugby league)

It REALLY IS THAT SIMPLE

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.