Time added on

Where the fuck did 8 minutes come from today?
Was there any injuries? Apart from Onana lying down when McClaren told him to to waste time.
Why should United benefit from their own time wasting later in the game when trailing?

This extensive time added on when we're leading and not much added on when we need a goal is becoming a theme.....

Perfect reply today. 8 minutes came up and Harland plonked the ball in the back of the met telling the ref to stuff his 8 minutes where the sun don't shine.

At the 60 min mark I said there should be at least 5 mins added on and then whatever else for the remaining 30 mins.
That was because we were drawing.

When they put up the board I said, "What a load of bollocks. It's them that were wasting time".
That was because we were winning by one goal.

Then when we scored I said, "8 mins my arse, I want 15".
That was because I had predicted it to end 4-1.

Where the fuck did 8 minutes come from today?
Was there any injuries? Apart from Onana lying down when McClaren told him to to waste time.
Why should United benefit from their own time wasting later in the game when trailing?

This extensive time added on when we're leading and not much added on when we need a goal is becoming a theme.....
The 8 minutes today shows why this thread is pretty much meaningless.

Most of the games where we've had lots of time added on, were ones where we weren't ahead till late, so the opposition spent more of the game trying to waste time.

Today reminded me of Everton - they were wasting time from the start, while United were constantly slowing things down in the second half. We had four separate sub breaks in the 45 minutes, and I thought Johnny Evans was going to turn 40 in the time it took him to get off the pitch. The ref was regularly noting that he was adding time on, and if we hadn't got 8 minutes I'd have been pissed off.

You could argue that they shouldn't benefit from time wasting, but then the ref would need a flippin' app on his wrist to record who wasted what time. And you still wouldn't include most of it, because we don't want refs trying to deciding whether a player is faking an injury, or whether it was fair to put your subs on at three separate times. What if today they'd called three minutes, and we'd all laughed, then United scored instead of Haaland? We'd want the 8 back minutes then.

2nd half stoppages were as follows….

Stones injury - 30 secs
Flare on pitch and Doku sub - 1m 30 secs
Onana fake injury - 1m 15 secs
Evans sub - 45 secs
Rashford sub - 30 secs
VAR check on Ederson - 30 secs
United double sub - 30 secs

5m 30 secs (6m if you’re being generous, cos the double sub was wrapped up in the celebration for Foden’s 2nd goal). Either way, fuck knows where he got 8m from……

2nd half stoppages were as follows….

Stones injury - 30 secs
Flare on pitch and Doku sub - 1m 30 secs
Onana fake injury - 1m 15 secs
Evans sub - 45 secs
Rashford sub - 30 secs
VAR check on Ederson - 30 secs
United double sub - 30 secs

5m 30 secs (6m if you’re being generous, cos the double sub was wrapped up in the celebration for Foden’s 2nd goal). Either way, fuck knows where he got 8m from……
You didn't take into account the fannying around by the scum goalie.
The ref did.

For anyone daft enough to doubt the complaints in this thread, this isn't new. They even had a fucking name for the cheating when baconface was around. https://www.theguardian.com/football/2009/sep/22/manchester-united-goals-stoppage-time

Low intelligence tw*ts will think it is nothing to worry about, but all these little things add up to 10+ point swings in a season. The allowed time wasting from other teams, holding back yellow cards, giving us bookings on first fouls that aren't even bookable, giving every benefit to opposing teams on VAR calls. Case in point, we'd be going into the Liverpool game in first place if this kind of cheating wasn't allowed. Ask any rival fans of a time when we got a clear ref benefit and it goes back 2 or 3 years to Rodri at Everton. I can point out an incident for every top 6 team within the last month.

You didn't take into account the fannying around by the scum goalie.
The ref did.
I’m not sure
Just my opinion but I think they added 8 to give united a chance to fluke an equaliser
If Haaland scored in the 89th minute they would probably have added 4 or 5

We saw how long their keeper took for each goal kick at 0-1 and 1-1
Hands up if you think that if Ederson does that at 2-1 he gets booked …

I thought the referee was very good today in general, but not carding Onana for wasting time from the 20th minute or so was outrageous. They will never stop players from doing it unless they punish them. Onana must have wasted 8-10 minutes at least over the course of the match.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.