Time added on

Perhaps a publically visible running total of any additional time would highlight any convenient additions or subtractions of time depending on real time score.

I think you've answered your own question there which is yes! Blackburn/Newcastle finished 1-1 so a different result was clearly possible, we were 6-2 so a different result clearly wasn't possible.
But by the rules there still should have been additional time added on. It just says to me the officials can make it up as they see fit

One of the things I've never understood is, of all the ideas football has tried to borrow from other sports, just allow the physio on whilst the game is still being played. Just play around them like they do in rugby. Immediately stops the time wasting of players pretending to be injured.
Until the caveat in the rule is if there is an injury in the box then play has to stop.

Cue, an influx of injuries which happen to materialise at every corner!

The time Liverpool and arsenal are getting added on, especially when not winning is a disgrace - always 7 plus mins
Then they always play a lot l longer
We had 4 mins to chase a winner against Chelsea
The other day I don’t think there was any against Luton and I get were 6-2 up, but the rules don’t change
There was 4 goals in the second half and about 8 subs

The time Liverpool and arsenal are getting added on, especially when not winning is a disgrace - always 7 plus mins
Then they always play a lot l longer
We had 4 mins to chase a winner against Chelsea
The other day I don’t think there was any against Luton and I get were 6-2 up, but the rules don’t change
There was 4 goals in the second half and about 8 subs
Exactly mate, the officials are making the additional time on as they see fit

Here's a conundrum then, it's 0-0 after 90 mins against the dippers next week. Would we be happy with 9 additional minutes?
I know it wouldn't happen because at 0-0 they'd see that as a good point for Liverpool so I'd expect 3 or 4 mins regardless of subs and stoppages

Until the caveat in the rule is if there is an injury in the box then play has to stop.

Cue, an influx of injuries which happen to materialise at every corner!

It’s something I’ve long been in favour of. Certainly as a trial to see how it goes.

Obviously the instructions would have to be very carefully thought about and worded. And you can guarantee that clubs would immediately be looking at ways of abusing the spirit of it.

But as a starter for 10, maybe something like, the referee has to give permission before they come on if the player is in the penalty area.

Although there doesn’t seem to be any great appetite for it, away from fans chatting shit on football forums, so I don’t imagine we’re going to see it any time soon.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.