Time for a new tune?

We certainly need some (multiple) new City songs. They’re the songs everyone joins in with and they remain songs no matter which player or manager comes or goes from the club.

Blue Moon is a very dreary song but it’s connected to the club so it’s probably going nowhere.

I just wish the club would stop with the 5to3 karaoke. Singing along to music tannoy’d at us is not an atmosphere. It’s not at Anfield, Park Head, London Stadium or anywhere else that have some shite cheese on toast to sing along to a few minutes before kick off.

Our club song is not Blue Moon, however. It’s The Boys In Blue and always will be!
In Manchester City
Where the girls are so pretty
I first set my eyes on sweet Molly Malone
She wheeled her wheelbarrow
Through the streets broad and narrow
Shouting ... City (boom boom boom) City ... City
( Alternatives to City ... Diaz ... Kevin ... Foden etc )

I’ll keep banging the drum for the Hollies. A Manchester band whose classics ‘He ain’t heavy’ or ‘ The Air That I Breathe’ are as emotional and uplifting as ‘Walk Alone’. Why we have never adopted one (or both) of them baffles me ... a song that begins with ‘ the road is long, with many a winding turn’ couldn’t describe any better the bittersweet feeling of following this football club.
I had 'The air that I breathe' for Bernardo but he might be going now :-( 'Sometimes, all I need is a class Portugese, that's Bernardo'

Climb Every Mountain. It's an awe inspiring song. Yes, it's from the sound of music but it is powerful.

There's a great, slow, langorous sensual version of Blue Moon sung by a woman, which is the exact opposite of the version on benzedrine that you hate so much. I haven't been able to track it down. If anybody can identify it for me I'd be much obliged. It was on Youtube for a while as the accompanying soundtrack to the pitch invasion in 2012, all filmed in slow motion. That elderly guy who was in the lower tier of the CB stand, the one who decided to go for a wander to the centre circle, features prominently in it. Regrettably, that was taken off Youtube and I didn't note down the singer.
Edit: sorry, as you were, it's back on Youtube. Just watched that again, if that's filmed on a mobile (which presumably it is) it's astonishingly good quality.
The only female versions of this song I can find on YouTube are;
Ella Fitzgerald
Rosemary Clooney
Diane Shaw
Julie London
Heidi Feek
Hope this helps.

The only female versions of this song I can find on YouTube are;
Ella Fitzgerald
Rosemary Clooney
Diane Shaw
Julie London
Heidi Feek
Hope this helps.

Cheers mate, but it's been located. It's the Cowboy Junkies with their lead female singer, the rather delectable Margo Timmins.
But that's an interesting list. I'll track those others down. I knew the Ella Fitzgerald version, of course. The theme for the Bluemoon podcast, by the way, is by the Ventures. David Mooney clarified that for me. Really good version. Then there's the Sha-Na-Na version, which some on here will hate, but I find it amusing and really quite listenable. What a bunch of total weirdos they were.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.