Time for a revolution!!!

aphex said:
Dubai Blue said:
Revolt, as Mat suggested.

Unfortunately though, the majority of the British electorate are more interested in the outcome of the latest celebrity TV vote than they are in a ballot on which bunch of thieving bastards get to control the country's purse strings for the next four or five years.

Being militant about something nowadays means whining about it on internet forums and "red arrowing" rival comments on newspaper websites. There's more chance of..............................well, just about anything, than the British people of today mounting anything that even closely resembles a revolution.

i can see your point but i'll have to disagree.

the rise of the bnp is an indication of people putting their money were their mouth is. i also see your point about people posting on forums (sly dig)

please don't underestimate the voting public.
IMO, the rise of the BNP has been due to the fact that the current people in charge, can't and won't, control immigration.

aphex said:
Dubai Blue said:
Revolt, as Mat suggested.

Unfortunately though, the majority of the British electorate are more interested in the outcome of the latest celebrity TV vote than they are in a ballot on which bunch of thieving bastards get to control the country's purse strings for the next four or five years.

Being militant about something nowadays means whining about it on internet forums and "red arrowing" rival comments on newspaper websites. There's more chance of..............................well, just about anything, than the British people of today mounting anything that even closely resembles a revolution.

the rise of the bnp is an indication of people putting their money were their mouth is. i also see your point about people posting on forums (sly dig)

The rise of the BNP is an exact case in point. Rather than mobilise properly and revolt against the current bunch of piss takers in power, a load of angry, lazy morons switch to a party whose policies they would otherwise find completley repulsive. It's brain-dead politics and, unfortunately, they fall for it in their thousands. Voting for the BNP won't get Britain anywhere. Absolutely fucking nowhere.

The internet bit wasn't meant as a dig, although I realised it probably came across that way as soon as I posted it.

And, with all due respect, I will stop underestimating the voting public when it actually bothers to get off its arse and do something.

Dubai Blue said:
aphex said:

The rise of the BNP is an exact case in point. Rather than mobilise properly and revolt against the current bunch of piss takers in power, a load of angry, lazy morons switch to a party whose policies they would otherwise find completley repulsive. It's brain-dead politics and, unfortunately, they fall for it in their thousands. Voting for the BNP won't get Britain anywhere. Absolutely fucking nowhere.

The internet bit wasn't meant as a dig, although I realised it probably came across that way as soon as I posted it.

And, with all due respect, I will stop underestimating the voting public when it actually bothers to get off its arse and do something.

the thing that bothers me in what you are saying, again, the fact that people voting for fascist partys are 'moronic' 'lazy'.. i could go on.. i have friends that voted BNP who are far from your description.

you have a very poor opinion. so who here is malaise ridden?

of course voting BNP will not get us nowhere. there is no room for a party like that in this multicultural society (although some of their policy's are sound)

a revolution is starting, and people are using their vote.

I'd start with getting the Inland Revenue to go on strike.

Any Government hates that.

MCfcBOB said:
aphex said:

IMO, the rise of the BNP has been due to the fact that the current people in charge, can't and won't, control immigration.

you have a point, and it has influenced it. but it's far wider than that.

think about the height of racial tensions in the late 70's early 80's no-one would have touched the national front.. and rightly so. but to be let down time and time again, and a foreign policy that is not working.

people realise that the goverment and goverments before just haven't done enough.

Based on recent evidence, the last 30 years or so, it seems self evident that the the majority of people who actually want to be M.Ps should be the last people who should be allowed to get anywhere near the job.

I actually quite liked a system of goverment proposed in a science fantasy novel by David Eddings (either Domes of Fire or The Hidden City I'm too lazy to go and look) which went soemthing like this:-

Prospective candidates for goverment posts were nominated and then placed under arrest. The reason for this being that each person nominated was likely to be a succesful individual in their own field or had a reputation for getting things done and would be unlikely to be interested in going into politics. If an individual "won" a post their assets were liquidated and placed into the exchequer so they had to work solely for the good of their electorate and get the country to at least break even or show a profit in order to get their money back. The tax rate was fixed so they couldn't simply raise it to make themselves richer.

I know there are several holes in this but I like the general idea.

Dubai Blue said:
Revolution???

A harshly worded internet petition more like.

Britain's problem is that no one actually gives a fuck anymore. Sure, everyone likes to piss and moan about things, but actually do something about it and miss this week's Strictly Come Dancing? Don't be fucking silly!!

Nail on head there DB.

Banned Tosspot said:
I think we should all vote Lib Dem as if we're gonna go down, we might as well give the others a try.
the last time the liberals ran this country they sent a million men to their deaths in the most pointless war in history.<br /><br />-- Tue Mar 23, 2010 10:12 pm --<br /><br />
aphex said:
theres nothing revolutionary about voting for the bnp

aphex said:
aphex said:
DirtyEddie said:
nothing revolutionary about voting for the bnp

your wrong. why have they become so prominent then?

They haven't in reality. There overall percentage of votes cast is still relatively low, they are benefiting from the worn down apathy of an electorate so disgusted with Parliament.

They and there shortsighted hate filled politics are not the answer to this nations ill's the British public have consistantly stood against there Fascist predecessors and will do so again.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.