Time to allow Dunne to move on?

Dacrozz

Still recovering from freezeing my tits off watching yesterday pitiful performance, but here are my thoughts on the team.

I think we should allow Richard Dunne to move on to another club and the sooner the better. I haven't reached this decision easily as he has been one of our best players over the recent years, but I no longer feel that his heart is in the club, perhaps maybe not even in the game. He is suppose to be our captain, he should be motivating the team and the individual players on the pitch which are not performing to their best and I don't feel that he is doing that job. I think that he is turning up and playing because he has to. I would definately take the captains band from him at the moment, but who do we give it to? I don't think that Robinho should get the band at the moment if there is resentment in the dressing room towards him, as this would only stir up more resentment and a negative attitude. Perhaps the best player to give the armband to would be Stephen Ireland becuase he has certainly deserved it this season. I feel that it would also motivate the other players by seeing that Ireland performance has been recognised and rewarded by the manager.

If I was hughes I would look to sign two world class defenders for the central defence. I think Micah Richards still has a place in this club and in the team, but I feel that he needs a couple of world class defenders to help bring the best back out of him. If he has to fight for his place against some of the best defenders then we would start seeing him back to his best. Also having Bridge in defence will help Richards performance. Perhaps maybe it is time Richards stopped spending time running up the pitch towards the strikers and opposing goal and staying back in defence and better perfected his role there?

But, I think it is the time for Dunnie to move on it would be best for the club and the player. This will allow him to regain his best form at another club and it would also show the remaining players that being a time served player does not guarantee you will be picked or played at this club anymore and if those players wish to leave, then the door is open. Hughes need to spell out to the players that no longer will Man City be a mid tabled, underacheiving team who think that turning up and playing will be sufficent. Robinho has got the desire and winning mentality that needs installing in the rest of the team, but I don't think it will happen to Dunnie.

Thoughts anyone?

Don't become a bad player overnight. Even experienced pros. suffer poor form/dip in confidence. No, Dunney needs a settled and more experienced team around him. I think that Bridge will help in that respect and, who knows, possibly his international team mate behind him? Not slagging off Joe, 'cos that's also become the easy option on here. I just feel at the moment we need more leaders in key positions. Dunne leads by example (usually), but is not the most vocal. In our desire for immediate improvement, let's not throw the baby out with the bathwater.

I always thought Dunne was at his best when he was under the kosh. For every game where he was the virtual brick wall (vs the rags and liverpool at home last season being the most recent examples) he's always had the ability to switch off against the Wigans of this world. He was a rock in defence under Pearce for a full season when relegation was a real threat, and because City became very hard to score against, he kept us in the league. We seem to see more and more of the latter and progressively less of the former.

For me, Dunnie's biggest problem right now is Mica. Mica looked fucking hopeless yesterday, total lack of composure and I remember the guy telling the BBC he 'some players' were bricking it about what his professional future had in store. You can tell, can't you.

Put Bridge into the side, and add in a ball playing centre half on his left hand side (ie Vinny), and I can see it all going back right for Dunne again.

He's not been the same player since he signed his new contract in the summer. It looks like he intends to ride out the contract doing just enough, i've been saying for weeks now he looks 2 stone over weight and i reckon he is back on the beer it's embarrasing watching his shorts ride up his inner thighs looks like some fat sunday league pub player.

If we cant agree a fee with Arsenal for Toure,then I would move Kompany in place of Micah,and buy 2 top class midfielders.

Uhmm Dunne! Player of the year four years running in a bad City side. From Day one this is my opinion.

Crude - sometimes funny
Paceless (proved time and time again) Chelsea, Torres etc.....
Never a captain (A certain Mike Doyle would have had half the fuckers by the throat yesterday)
Too many Red Cards (We don't want bookings in last game of last season- Oops Red card after 17 mins)
Too many fuck ups - whether plaing with Richards, Sommeil, Distan, Corluka or whoever else
Far too many own goals
Very rarely completely clears the ball
Can't pass wind (left foot are right)
Often never gets off the ground when defending a corner (several examples this year) Chelsea, Everton, Newcastle etc...
Can't remember last headed goal from a City corner (But trudges up for them all and gets back slower)

HE NEEDS MOVING ON- A LIABILITY

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.