Time To Back The Manager...

A A

Anonymous

Not the supporters, not the players, but the owners and the board.

Maybe it's just me but Mancini's overriding frustration seems to not be at the substandard officiating we keep being on the wrong end of, but at the lack of players in his squad.

It's fair to say that the players he's wanted (particularly a defender and an extra midfield player), are the same ones he wanted in the summer when he ended up with Hargreaves. Now I completely understand the need to get the likes of Tevez, Bridge, Neds, et al off the wage bill, and also to keep one eye on the FFPR's. However we also shouldn't be so dogmatic about financial affairs at a moment when just one or two players would almost certainly make Roberto happy and put a smile on his face again, give the squad a huge boost, and most importantly, ensure us the title.

I could understand the board's reluctance if it was a case of bringing in stop gap players, who would be useless once VK/YT/KT are available again, but the reality is that both in midfield and at centre half there's an argument that come the summer we'll be in the market for players in the same positions. Why not just fill them now - particularly if the manager is asking for them and there's a need within the squad.

Of course January is an incredibly tricky time to buy players, and clubs should err on the side of caution. But if there's a chance to bring in a top player now, and avoid a shit fight for the same player in the summer when everyone else will be buying, then we should just do it.

Jordie said:
Top players are playing in the champs league and will not leave in January.

To be honest, Mancini knows who he wants and clearly he knows those players are available otherwise he wouldn't have spent the last few weeks making such a song and dance about wanting to sign players but not being given the funds.

m35 blue68 said:
Samba - use to EPL, local, dominent, close to Mario.

Nick Barmby is also used to the Premier League.

Harry Kewell could fit back in, he has the experience.

Oh, and Samba isn't good enough.

BillyShears said:
Jordie said:

To be honest, Mancini knows who he wants and clearly he knows those players are available otherwise he wouldn't have spent the last few weeks making such a song and dance about wanting to sign players but not being given the funds.
I don't remember hearing bobby complain about not being given funds. Correct me if i am wrong.

It's a very interesting debate, Billy, and one we were just touching on in the "WEll done Bobby" thread. Do you think his demeanour over the last few weeks is partly down to the board refusing to sign the player(s) like DE Rossi who he obviously wants?

Timmmmahhhh said:
m35 blue68 said:
Samba - use to EPL, local, dominent, close to Mario.

Nick Barmby is also used to the Premier League.

Harry Kewell could fit back in, he has the experience.

Oh, and Samba isn't good enough.

Thanks for your input. Brainstorming or braindead?

BillyShears said:
Jordie said:

Mancini certainly seems to be frustrated alright, which would suggest he has targets in mind and is being told we have to sell before we can buy. I can't work out whether this is a sign that the club are genuinely starting to take FFPR seriously, or whether we want to appear as though we are. Either way, Mancini has a squad that most managers would sell their mothers for (Carrick was playing CH the other day I think), so he needs to focus on what he has got and not what he hasn't imo. No Yaya, no Kompany, no Richards, no Balotelli and still 3 points were bagged relatively comfortably...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.