Time To Back The Manager...

Didsbury Dave said:
twinkletoes said:
Perhaps Mancini knows his job is on the line if he doesnt win the league.

without a doubt that's the case.

So we could still win The Carling Cup, Europa League, perhaps be Premier league runners up this again qualifying for Champs league but he would lose his job??? I personally doubt that very much...but this is a medium for opinions after all.

Didsbury Dave said:
twinkletoes said:

Do you think this would be the absolute objective. I don't think so. If Mancini is sacked alot more bad will come out of it than good and the board knows that. There are not too many managers out there in the world who are better than our bobby.

Plain Speaking said:
Mancini's clear lack of belief is destroying the confidence of some of our players.

Now that's a can of worms!

I actually have great belief in most of our squad's mental toughness. But as I've stated in another thread, he needs to lead by example by being cool under pressure.

Didsbury Dave said:
twinkletoes said:

It's even possible that Mancini made certain promises to the chairman that included the title and he has put himself under this pressure.

Can't blame Bob for wanting a couple of players in, two decent additions should pretty much nail on us winning the title.

Not sure who is handling getting the players out of the club nowadays, as don't know if John Williams is still about, but I can understand Bob's frustration if he is having to wait until this is done before he can secure players coming in - goes back to his rant a while back about it not being his responsibiity that we can't shift the deadwood that he didn't sign in the first place.

I suppose it must irritate him as well that if we do end up bringing a couple in at the end of the window, we didn't secure them at the beginning of Jan when we knew how important this month is/was on all fronts.

pauljv92 said:
Didsbury Dave said:
twinkletoes said:

Do you think this would be the absolute objective. I don't think so. If Mancini is sacked alot more bad will come out of it than good and that board knows that. There are not too many managers out there in the world who are better than our bobby.

Just to make it clear, I certainly don't think it's black and white that if we don't win the league he'll be sacked.

But it is his overriding objective. We have the best team and the best squad. If we don't win the league we have underachieved. And if we fuck it up then there's a chance he'll lose his job, depending on how it happens.

ADUG mean business.

twinkletoes said:
Didsbury Dave said:
twinkletoes said:

It's even possible that Mancini made certain promises to the chairman that included the title and he has put himself under this pressure.

And it's possible that the moon is made of blue cheese :)

I'd be amazed and disappointed if second place was to cost Mancini his job.

We've moved forward as a club so much this year already. Much of that is down to him.

twinkletoes said:
Didsbury Dave said:
twinkletoes said:

I'd find that very difficult to believe. A title challenge possibly, but to promise the league given the variables during any given season I can't see it myself.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.