Time To Back The Manager...

BillyShears said:
LoveCity said:
Get Santa Cruz back at least, he looks close to his best at the moment and we're paying all of his wages near enough anyway (Betis are in administration).

I didn't want to mention him .... but yes, he's fit again and playing regularly. Looks sharp. If it's possible, I'd definitely have him on the next plane back.

What about Ade to piss Arry off ;-)

SWP's back said:
LoveCity said:
Get Santa Cruz back at least, he looks close to his best at the moment and we're paying all of his wages near enough anyway (Betis are in administration).
I dont know whether to laugh or cry at that

You'd be surprised, he is a good player when fully fit, certainly good enough to be a last resort striker when we have a striker drought.

This is him starting and ending a goal against the best club side in the world last week.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b3XcGXLUnEE&feature=player_embedded[/youtube]

how do we have no money to spend if every ITK we're supposed to trust on here says we do?

LoveCity said:
SWP's back said:
LoveCity said:

You'd be surprised, he is a good player when fully fit, certainly good enough to be a last resort striker when we have a striker drought.

This is him starting and ending a goal against the best club side in the world last week.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b3XcGXLUnEE&feature=player_embedded[/youtube]

Couldn't be worse than Dzeko at the moment.

BillyShears said:
Not the supporters, not the players, but the owners and the board.

Maybe it's just me but Mancini's overriding frustration seems to not be at the substandard officiating we keep being on the wrong end of, but at the lack of players in his squad.

It's fair to say that the players he's wanted (particularly a defender and an extra midfield player), are the same ones he wanted in the summer when he ended up with Hargreaves. Now I completely understand the need to get the likes of Tevez, Bridge, Neds, et al off the wage bill, and also to keep one eye on the FFPR's. However we also shouldn't be so dogmatic about financial affairs at a moment when just one or two players would almost certainly make Roberto happy and put a smile on his face again, give the squad a huge boost, and most importantly, ensure us the title.

I could understand the board's reluctance if it was a case of bringing in stop gap players, who would be useless once VK/YT/KT are available again, but the reality is that both in midfield and at centre half there's an argument that come the summer we'll be in the market for players in the same positions. Why not just fill them now - particularly if the manager is asking for them and there's a need within the squad.

Of course January is an incredibly tricky time to buy players, and clubs should err on the side of caution. But if there's a chance to bring in a top player now, and avoid a shit fight for the same player in the summer when everyone else will be buying, then we should just do it.
B isn't even near to S on a qwerty!

BillyShears said:
Can Edin and Sergio carry us for the next 4 weeks? Seems a bit of a worry being down to two forwards again for possibly another month.

Just a gut feeling but I think we might see the board give Mancini the nod to bring in a couple of bodies. At least I'd like to think they will.

EDIT:

Seems I'm wrong. The National supposed to be reputable for City information.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.thenational.ae/sport/football/manchester-city-no-money-for-roberto-mancini" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.thenational.ae/sport/footbal ... to-mancini</a>
That's just syndication of a piece Duncan Castles will have written for the Times, rather than any inside scoop by the National, I'd guess. That said though, for those of us who know how to read the runes it's been apparent for some time that it would be loans at best in this window. It's almost like we're becoming a normal club again, with a sensible budget and the expectation that management and coaches do some, er, management and coaching rather than waving a cheque book at every problem...

SWP's back said:
LoveCity said:
how about this
@viewfromablue View From A Blue
Bernardo Corradi was at Carrington today to watch City train. Outstanding news. Him and Mario will be putting on a celebration masterclass

Mancini is a good manager and underrated by many. He reminds me of Rafa Benitez in that he's very tactically astute.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.