Time To Back The Manager...

Didsbury Dave said:
I'm feeling the rumble of boots of an army.

I'm hearing the wailing and gnashing of teeth.

I'm hearing the trumpet, the clarion cry, "Forza Mancini. Death to Jose and the Cabal".

This is going to be good...
I'm seeing the usual standard trolling from yourself.

We as a club would be fools if we did not give Mancini 3 more seasons to see if we can take on the best in the Champ's League and at home with the team he has put together. I beleave in the man, he will win us the league this year.

Didsbury Dave said:
I'm feeling the rumble of boots of an army.

I'm hearing the wailing and gnashing of teeth.

I'm hearing the trumpet, the clarion cry, "Forza Mancini. Death to Jose and the Cabal".

This is going to be good...

Cringeworthy...

sweep said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:
As others have posted, the elephant in the room continues to be Mourinho.

I'm of the belief Mancini would be sacked if we do not realise either the league or two pieces of silverware, to offset this.

I decent gauge should be the lack of urgency concerning Bobby's current contract.

Setting the pace for so long this season, has probably done him no favours, should we come up just short.

But in light of last summer's investment, our final league finish last year, not sure how many positives the owners would derive.

Mourinho's supposed option of Manure has been taken off the table for the next three years, coupled with winning La Liga or the Champions League, this season, I believe the odds on Bobby seeing it out might be drastically reduced.
Sorry, not convinced they're that short termist or trigger happy, if they are then I predict a very hit and miss future for us, see Chelsea.

I agree our owners have made giant strides since dallying over the decision to sack Hughes, out of misguided loyalty.

It set us back 18 months, and they won't be fooled twice.

It's an argument I have seen a lot down the years on here with regards, do we stick or twist, which one ensures success over a longer period?

It's clear nothing out there guarantees success.

Our spending acceleration is a degree of short-termism, and ramps up expectation levels as a result.

Bobby is no fool, he accepted that pressure when he took over mid-season.

His contract has since entered the period where City would protect themselves with an extension, just like any player, to protect that asset.

The fact we haven't already done so, despite Bobby letting it be known he wants to stay long-term, is an indicator where we MAY currently stand.

What's the point in handing him a lucrative new contract now, and all the compensation it would entail, if we ended up empty handed this season?

The easy solution would be for us to announce a new five year deal tomorrow, sending a clear message to everyone that Bobby is our man.

And stop threads such as this. The support is behind Bobby, and the belief he should be backed in this window.

Ric said:
sweep said:
Sorry, not convinced they're that short termist or trigger happy

Me neither.

Nor me.

For quite a while, I thought that Mourinho to City was essentially a matter of time. When, not if.

Then I got to thinking about Mourinho himself: the arrogance, the lack of class, the obvious desire to move on after achieving some fairly short term goals, and I wondered whether ADUG would actually want Mourinho to be the visible face of Manchester City? I conclude No, they wouldn't.

And as PB says, as things stand with FFPR, we ought to be okay. But sack RM, bring in Mourinho for him to sell off Nasri, Dzeko, Lescott, Kolo, Milner and Barry for buttons and then spend £150m replacing them would just be asking for trouble.

Having watched Real, fold, kick and generally cheat the other night, i cant see bobby losing his job to Mourinho.

tolmie's hairdoo said:
And stop threads such as this.

To be fair, this thread was about the very opposite of what it's ended up being about. Although somehow it's all linked.

Personally I think regardless of where we finish this season, Mancini deserves a new contract.

As for Mourinho. He's the best manager in the world. Too many people judging him on the way Real have performed against Barca since he took over. His record speaks for itself. The way his former players speak about him in general, speaks for itself. The way he wins titles wherever he goes speaks for itself.

Correct me if I am wrong, but wasn't it said at the start of last season they wanted to win some silver last year (thanks Bobby) and CHALLENGE for the PL this year?

So long as we dont capitulate and finish 5th he will be fine, the goal set out all along was to win it next year, ADUG have a lot of sense and I trust they won't go back on the targets they set out form the beginning.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.