Time To Back The Manager...

tolmie's hairdoo said:
As others have posted, the elephant in the room continues to be Mourinho.

I'm of the belief Mancini would be sacked if we do not realise either the league or two pieces of silverware, to offset this.

I decent gauge should be the lack of urgency concerning Bobby's current contract.

Setting the pace for so long this season, has probably done him no favours, should we come up just short.

But in light of last summer's investment, our final league finish last year, not sure how many positives the owners would derive.

Mourinho's supposed option of Manure has been taken off the table for the next three years, coupled with winning La Liga or the Champions League, this season, I believe the odds on Bobby seeing it out might be drastically reduced.

Has someone injected you with that truth drug again and got you to post at gunpoint?

Either that or your a brave lad for posting it now.............

tolmie's hairdoo said:
sweep said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:

I'm of the belief Mancini would be sacked if we do not realise either the league or two pieces of silverware, to offset this.

I decent gauge should be the lack of urgency concerning Bobby's current contract.

Setting the pace for so long this season, has probably done him no favours, should we come up just short.

But in light of last summer's investment, our final league finish last year, not sure how many positives the owners would derive.

Mourinho's supposed option of Manure has been taken off the table for the next three years, coupled with winning La Liga or the Champions League, this season, I believe the odds on Bobby seeing it out might be drastically reduced.
Sorry, not convinced they're that short termist or trigger happy, if they are then I predict a very hit and miss future for us, see Chelsea.

I agree our owners have made giant strides since dallying over the decision to sack Hughes, out of misguided loyalty.

It set us back 18 months, and they won't be fooled twice.

It's an argument I have seen a lot down the years on here with regards, do we stick or twist, which one ensures success over a longer period?

It's clear nothing out there guarantees success.

Our spending acceleration is a degree of short-termism, and ramps up expectation levels as a result.

Bobby is no fool, he accepted that pressure when he took over mid-season.

His contract has since entered the period where City would protect themselves with an extension, just like any player, to protect that asset.

The fact we haven't already done so, despite Bobby letting it be known he wants to stay long-term, is an indicator where we MAY currently stand.

What's the point in handing him a lucrative new contract now, and all the compensation it would entail, if we ended up empty handed this season?

The easy solution would be for us to announce a new five year deal tomorrow, sending a clear message to everyone that Bobby is our man.

And stop threads such as this. The support is behind Bobby, and the belief he should be backed in this window.
I agree there are never any guarantees, I just don't see why they'd invest so much in Mancini then get rid if he comes close to winning the league (I always see domestic cups as a bonus rather than anything you can gauge progress against). If he makes catastrophic errors or we collapse then sure he'll get binned but, given the potentially very fine line between 1st and 2nd I really can't see it coming down to silverware or no silverware to decide if he keeps his jobv.

tolmie's hairdoo said:
BillyShears said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:

Posts like this should come with a health warning. I expect there's a few forum users who will read it then spontaneously combust!

No need, and should cool their adour.

It's Groundhog Day around this time for past three season.

Bobby has delivered and I expect him to do so again.

Mourinho does what is best for him and reads the landscape better than anyone.

Our owners, however, should not be underestimated when it comes to being ruthless.

Ask Mark Hughes.

Well not that ruthless then. Ruthless would have seen Hughes sacked in the summer of '10. Very ruthless would have seen him sacked in December '09.

Mancini will be here as long as he delivers silverware and doesn't fall out with the powers that be. Playing good attractive football does him no harm either. That said I get no impression that Mansour is Abramovich where sacking the manager is the default option when displeased plus if we are interested in adhering to FFP then you need to look at coaches who are willing and prepared to bring academy prospects through to the first team which to date Mourinho has shown little inclination to do. Guardiola (for example) would be an interesting option bearing FFP in mind.

What is also clear and I assume is clear to the owners is that in addition to success on the pitch is the desirability of building a brand of football that is synonymous with City and builds a worldwide fanbase. Mancini has made a start with this and long may it continue because in the long run how you win is just as important to the identity of the club as winning itself and by identity I mean 'brand' and the ability to maximise revenues from merchandise/TV rights etc.

Mancini is here to establish solid foundations and a winning mentality. That he is demonstrably doing. How long he is here for is only important in the sense that the foundations are properly laid. Beyond that and as long as we have been sensible and established a culture and philosophy of football that not only brings success but is gorgeous to watch with an emphasis on bringing through academy players then debating how long Mancini is here for is irrelevant.

That said if we are to debate it, as we seemingly must, then it would be nice to discuss the merits or otherwise of other coaches other than Jose. Assuming we actually know any other coaches other than Mourinho that is.

sweep said:
Sorry, not convinced they're that short termist or trigger happy...
You're spot on sweep, this lie and the associated Mourinho rubbish does both our owners and our club a great disservice and yet it has been the central message of the Cabal from day 1. And so it goes on.

BobKowalski said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:
BillyShears said:
Posts like this should come with a health warning. I expect there's a few forum users who will read it then spontaneously combust!

Our owners, however, should not be underestimated when it comes to being ruthless.

Ask Mark Hughes.

Well not that ruthless then. Ruthless would have seen Hughes sacked in the summer of '10. Very ruthless would have seen him sacked in December '09.

Mancini will be here as long as he delivers silverware and doesn't fall out with the powers that be. Playing good attractive football does him no harm either. That said I get no impression that Mansour is Abramovich where sacking the manager is the default option when displeased plus if we are interested in adhering to FFP then you need to look at coaches who are willing and prepared to bring academy prospects through to the first team which to date Mourinho has shown little inclination to do. Guardiola (for example) would be an interesting option bearing FFP in mind.

What is also clear and I assume is clear to the owners is that in addition to success on the pitch is the desirability of building a brand of football that is synonymous with City and builds a worldwide fanbase. Mancini has made a start with this and long may it continue because in the long run how you win is just as important to the identity of the club as winning itself and by identity I mean 'brand' and the ability to maximise revenues from merchandise/TV rights etc.

Mancini is here to establish solid foundations and a winning mentality. That he is demonstrably doing. How long he is here for is only important in the sense that the foundations are properly laid. Beyond that and as long as we have been sensible and established a culture and philosophy of football that not only brings success but is gorgeous to watch with an emphasis on bringing through academy players then debating how long Mancini is here for is irrelevant.

That said if we are to debate it, as we seemingly must, then it would be nice to discuss the merits or otherwise of other coaches other than Jose. Assuming we actually know any other coaches other than Mourinho that is.

Very ruthless then, Bob.

If we hire managers in the future with the task of winning the league or the champions league or your sacked then we won't be winning many things.

Boots_ said:
BobKowalski said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:

Ask Mark Hughes.

Very ruthless then, Bob.

Yep.. Should have been summer '09 and December '08. Should have invested in a calendar!

BillyShears said:
...As for Mourinho. He's the best manager in the world. Too many people judging him on the way Real have performed against Barca since he took over. His record speaks for itself. The way his former players speak about him in general, speaks for itself. The way he wins titles wherever he goes speaks for itself.
Better than Bob then, so the thread title should have been Time To Sack The Manager all along. There's a surprise.

BobKowalski said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:
BillyShears said:

Ask Mark Hughes.

Good post.

In terms of ruthlessness, it was more in regards the cack-handed way they eventually dispensed with Hughes' services.

Ruthless, all the same, in light of a QF Carling Cup victory over Arsenal and inspired win over Chelsea.

A debate on Guardiola's attributes outside of Barcelona would be a decent yarn.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.