Time to galvanise - sieze the day

Didsbury Dave

If we start to do our job properly we are one United slip up from the edge of glory. Even going into the last game of the season a few points behind them keeps the pressure on what is not a great United team.

Now's the time for the whole club to get it's fighting boots on. Now's the time for the leaders to stand up and be counted, for the scrappers to get their gloves on, for the classy to set themselves apart. We need to roar like lions for the next month because we have been handed a lifeline.

There were signs last night that we are getting back to our best form, and we are more or less injury free. And David Silva has been released from his self-imposed exile. Maybe now the pressure is off we will feel more free to express ourselves.

There are a lot of people at our club who have been given a second chance to prove their mettle. It's time for the whole club to seize the day.

Didsbury Dave said:
If we start to do our job properly we are one United slip up from the edge of glory. Even going into the last game of the season a few points behind them keeps the pressure on what is not a great United team.

Now's the time for the whole club to get it's fighting boots on. Now's the time for the leaders to stand up and be counted, for the scrappers to get their gloves on, for the classy to set themselves apart. We need to roar like lions for the next month because we have been handed a lifeline.

There were signs last night that we are getting back to our best form, and we are more or less injury free. And David Silva has been released from his self-imposed exile. Maybe now the pressure is off we will feel more free to express ourselves.

There are a lot of people at our club who have been given a second chance to prove their mettle. It's time for the whole club to seize the day.
Well said Dave.

Didsbury Dave said:

Totally agree. Was noticeable just how fluent we were last night going forward and what a great tempo we played at. There was a hunger in the play that hasn't been there for a while and players were acknowledging misplaced passes rather than berating them.

Not just the defeat at Wigan but the scum's performance will have put some lingering doubt in their minds for the remaining games. If they don't get off to a flier against Villa, without any referring assistance, they will feel the pressure and I believe that a point for Villa is do-able.
We have to take care of business at Norwich but, after the events of last night, I am much more confident of the battle being taken into May than I was 24 hours ago. It was an impossible dream - now, it is possible, but it remains a very big ask.

At the very least we owe it to ourselves to really make them earn it after the season we've had. If they don't slip up, then of course we know we threw it away. But we have to put pressure on them and make them win it properly. Not this powder puff mentality we have shown over the last couple of months.

I sense a win at Norwich would not only put us 2 points behind but it would tell Utd (who know we are weaker away from home) that we are still going the distance.

It all comes down to the Swansea at home game for me. They are the type of side who will go at Utd and expose vulnerability. People will say Everton and Sunderland but I think Swansea will have a real go and will pass Utd off the pitch for large periods.

over to you superman, dunney and shay... at least they have **** face macheda out on loan this time

Years of following this club should have made me realise that our season dying with a whimper just isn't our style. The momentum is definitely back with us although whether that continues remains to be seen.

I thought that atmosphere was mixed last night and it took united's 'second' goal to really get things going, but sometimes it takes some external factor to do that.

I don't see atmosphere being an issue for the rest of the season as it's guaranteed to be spot on in our three away games and The Derby and the QPR game (if there's anything to play for) will look after themselves.

On the pitch it's up to our collective assortment of CL winners, World Cup Finalists/Winners, PL winners etc to step up and deliver. Do that in every game and I reckon united will crack at some point.

To win it from where we found ourselves would have an immeasurable effect on the club going forward. It would make us feared and respected and mean we would find ourselves winning a lot more games in the closing minutes next season as teams half expect us to pull something out of the bag. I'm not getting carried away, but I reckon we've got an even chance of pulling of the greatest feat in the history of this club, including, dare I say it, Gillingham.

Didsbury Dave said:

+1

Didsbury Dave said:

Excellent post, I think we the fans should express ourselves more positively as well.

Time to galvanise -seize the day

Well said Dave,the momentum we got from last night should keep everybody focused
to go out and keep winning to build on it,even if we go into the derby 5 points behind
we will have the chance to make it 2 and then it's a proper fight to the end,as much a
battle of nerves as anything else.There was a marked improvement in our form and Utd
looked poor at Wigan so bring it on...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.