Time to galvanise - sieze the day

Assuming we beat the rags we need to pull 2 points back on them with 3 of the 4 games away. For my money IF we can sort our away form out we will win the title. That being said Mancini is right to play it all down, it adds pressure to the rags.

Win at Norwich and the scum will be shitting their nappies. They've been playing shite for a while now but teams were to afraid to attack them. Martinez has just shown everyone else how to beat thescum and that's to attack them.

If we pull this off...

gordondaviesmoustache said:
Years of following this club should have made me realise that our season dying with a whimper just isn't our style. The momentum is definitely back with us although whether that continues remains to be seen.

I thought that atmosphere was mixed last night and it took united's 'second' goal to really get things going, but sometimes it takes some external factor to do that.

I don't see atmosphere being an issue for the rest of the season as it's guaranteed to be spot on in our three away games and The Derby and the QPR game (if there's anything to play for) will look after themselves.

On the pitch it's up to our collective assortment of CL winners, World Cup Finalists/Winners, PL winners etc to step up and deliver. Do that in every game and I reckon united will crack at some point.

To win it from where we found ourselves would have an immeasurable effect on the club going forward. It would make us feared and respected and mean we would find ourselves winning a lot more games in the closing minutes next season as teams half expect us to pull something out of the bag. I'm not getting carried away, but I reckon we've got an even chance of pulling of the greatest feat in the history of this club, including, dare I say it, Gillingham.

Good post.

Even if we win one and draw one in the next two away games, we are still in it. As long as we beat them at home we will go into the last two games with a chance.

Effectively 15 points are available for both sides. They start off with 5 points. They win the next two (worse case scenario) that puts them on 11. We win one and draw one, 4 points.
We win against them (11) puts us 7. There are still 6 points for both sides to play for.

Could the Derby be the biggest game of the season?

A slim chance is better than no chance at all.

Obviously I would rather have the lead united have but imagine if the tables were turned?
City were 8 points clear with 6 games left, had been lauded across the country as showing what it takes to be champions and the footballing world had already crowned us as champions because the season is effectively over.

Then we went to wigan away and got beat and our lead was cut to 5 points when the scum had just won 4-0 and looked back to their best. We also have to go to old Trafford where they have only dropped two points all season.
Add to that the possibility that if we were to not win the league it would be the most epic collapse in premier league history and allow our greatest rivals to win the league in a blaze of glory – and all it takes is one draw to let them back in.
I tell you what, if that was city I would be absolutely f*cking sh*tting my pants!

Mikecini said:
Even if we win one and draw one in the next two away games, we are still in it. As long as we beat them at home we will go into the last two games with a chance.

Effectively 15 points are available for both sides. They start off with 5 points. They win the next two (worse case scenario) that puts them on 11. We win one and draw one, 4 points.
We win against them (11) puts us 7. There are still 6 points for both sides to play for.

If my maths is right, on your above prediction, we'd be 4 points behind with 2 to play, so they'd need just 1 win from 2 to win it, no thanks, and pretty well no chance. If we go into the last 2 games 2 or 3 beind and better GD then we might still do it.

Our option is simple, we have to win 5 out 5, do that and if they beat our 89 points they will have deserved it.

cleavers said:
Mikecini said:

If my maths is right, on your above prediction, we'd be 4 points behind with 2 to play, so they'd need just 1 win from 2 to win it, no thanks, and pretty well no chance. If we go into the last 2 games 2 or 3 beind and better GD then we might still do it.

Our option is simple, we have to win 5 out 5, do that and if they beat our 89 points they will have deserved it.

Not a prediction as such, just pointing out our season has suddenly gone from an apparent done deal to a down to the wire race. A Derby win is a must and I think we can do it.

I gotta tell you, fellow Blues, yesterday has awakened the hope in me. I never lost my pride or my commitment to City, but I was gutted after the Arsenal match. Eight points down and I thought it was beyond our reach.

You can call me crazy, but I believe in my heart and my soul that if we win EVERY remaining match the title will be ours. I believe that United will slip again. If we do them at ours, then all that has to happen is for them to draw one match to put us at level pegging and take it down to GD to decide the title.

I want to win the title more now than I ever have this season, because them lot have been running around gloating since the weekend (and i think even before that) because they felt that the title was theirs. I want to see them gutted and I want to see them face the fact that we rose up when it counted and pipped them for this title.

Thees. Only thees...

A sobering thought is that, by my maths, if we lose at Norwich, they could win it the next game and already be champs when they come to ours!

Didsbury Dave said:
A sobering thought is that, by my maths, if we lose at Norwich, they could win it the next game and already be champs when they come to ours!

It could also be argued just as much as we need to have,as an absolute minimum, a win and a draw in the next two games so do they.

They would still have the upper hand and the advantage going into teh Derby because a draw would be a much better result for them.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.