Time to get real!

I'm educated enough to know the money talks

and at the same time in some cases the position in the league may put off players

I can also understand the dream that being sold by the club with the money

at the end of the day some/most superstars may say I'd rather play for a bigger club

but if we can get one or two via the money or dream + money it the catalyst for get more

if we get one of rumored player it will make other sit up and take a second look at the dream and the fact that progress is being made on that vision maybe that will convince more to come.

nickson71 said:

and at the same time in some cases the position in the league may put off players

at the end of the day some/most superstars may say I'd rather play for a bigger club

but if we can get one or two via the money or dream + money it the catalyst for get more

if we get one of rumored player it will make other sit up and take a second look at the dream and the fact that progress is being made on that vision maybe that will convince more to come.

It looks like Diarra has even said no to us, thats with us offering more money, and even portsmouth more money.

I guess at the end of the day we can only see what jan brings.

Moebius said:
nickson71 said:

It looks like Diarra has even said no to us, thats with us offering more money, and even portsmouth more money.

I guess at the end of the day we can only see what jan brings.

exactly we'll have to wait and see

but with the realism is the knowledge that with the money and the project and the fact that it's already started with the signing of Robinho we maybe in for some nice surprises

all we need is to get one of the Kaka's of the world then the whole perspective of our club changes - more will follow.

The Premiership has never ever been so close, if we win sunday and all goes well above us we can go 10th, if we again we can go 8th, up to now it's snakes and ladders, you have to remember and i don't want to sound like a rag moaning about referees but how many dodgy decisions have gone against us this season etc penalties, and one which wasn't in the area and wasn't even a foul anyway!!!, we have lost loads of points from this,

Every team could say yeh we've had them moments, we have had more of them than anyone, without them we could be 8-10th now, yes it will be hard to get players in like the quality of kaka, villa, gomez etc but we have robinho with us, he is now the base of it all, it's not like where starting from scratch with a poor team like west brom and buying everyone to replace the starting 11, we already have the quality there, we have players like swp, ireland who are 2 of the best in the league on their day, and we have kompany who IMO will be a massive name in the premiership in 2-3 years and will attract alot of clubs, we have the base and structure but we just need to build, we will attract players, villa, kaka will come to us, were the future of english football and we will be the next chelsea in the next 5 years

If you believe the press Real offered two million more than us and 100k a week, wonder why he has taken that? I would also add that never once have City even said we were interested in him!

If it comes to it and someone else matches our price any prem team will always sell abroad and if it comes to similar wages then Real are more attractive than us. No big deal

OK so heres how I think it is going to work in this January window.

Hughes will have been given the money to go out and buy who he thinks is NEEDED in the team. Afterall, this is the managers job and he knows more about football than anyone at ADUG. I also think that ADUG will be saying to Hughes "Ok, we have this list of players who we would likle to put bids in for also, as long as you are happy with that". Hughes will take a look at the list an it will look like this:

- Kaka
- Villa
- Aguero
- Buffon
- etc
- etc
- etc

Hughes will undoubtedly say, go for it and lets see what happens. So he will still have the freedom to buy the players he thinks the team needs and he will also have a say on which of the superstars are bought. This doesn't go against anything that has been said by the club so far and I think that it would sit quite nicely with Hughes as he still gets any player he wants and the ADUG guys have the ability to try and get the players they want with Hughes' consent.

They can want box office players all day long, but as Diarra (the start of many) has shown, we still can't compete

moomba said:
It's not about the money we're prepared to pay (although it helps), it's not about our league position. We have a unique chance to sell a vision of being one of the best teams in the world in the not too distant future.

And it's not an unrealistic vision. Robinho wouldn't have come to us if he didn't know that we were going to be a much better side in the near future, Kaka wouldn't give us a second glance if he thought we'd sign him and no-one else.

Correct

Benarbia said:
They can want box office players all day long, but as Diarra (the start of many) has shown, we still can't compete

Real offered more money than us. I think this is a good sign that we are not going to pay over the odds to teams for players like Diarra.

Of course, the thought of playing for real is much more attractive than playing for City, we all know that, but I really think that the Diarra deal does not pave the way for all future requests. I would be agreeing with you if we had offered and extra £5m and £150k a week and he still went. That would show that money doesn't talk when it comes to the prospect of instant success. But that is not the case so your side of the debate (at the moment) is void.

In fact, I think that when it comes to players like Diarra, we will have less sway than when it comes to big name players. There are a lot of clubs that could afford a Diarra. Especially if we are not willing to pay over the odds for people. We are one of only a few clubs that could afford either Kaka or buffon or Villa or Aguero. But we are the only club that could afford them all if we wanted. So let Real take Diarra.....let them spend more of their money....lets see what they can do against a bid for one of the top, world class players....

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.