Time to move the family stand

I thought the club put out a communication a couple of years ago saying that NSL1 was no longer an area where you had to have kids with you, and it would no longer be part of the family section. Did I dream this or did it actually happen because it seems to have been given up on?
Well at least the Leeds fans must of got the memo the other night

I thought the club put out a communication a couple of years ago saying that NSL1 was no longer an area where you had to have kids with you, and it would no longer be part of the family section. Did I dream this or did it actually happen because it seems to have been given up on?
That may well be the case but I have had a season ticket in NSL 2 for the past eight years. My youngest child is 36 and has two children of her own. It has never been an exclusive family stand to my knowledge over that period.

Without reading any of this surely what needs to happen is the away fans aren't inbetween the 2 most vocal ends of or ground?

I've read most of this thread and I'm not sure whether anybody has mentioned one point I have. Two points in order to get the atmosphere sorted in future for good!

Point one, a few have previously mentioned that when we do finally extend the North stand we do it properly. By properly make it one stand throughout like The Wall at Dortmund.

Second point. We are now allowed safe standing, great it's what most wanted who care enough anyway. But rather than allocate each SC holder with an individual seat to stand in front of the club should allow a roving seat where fans can choose where they want to be and who they want to gather with.

If allowed, THIS WILL determine where the epicentre of our most vociferous supports emanates from. It's a no brainer to me, especially now the police have face recognition cameras. It would finall congeal and unite all the small pockets of vocal fans in one place.

It's not hard to do and would definitely be to our advantage. The club need to act on what the match attending supporters think is what is best for us supporters and the club.

I've read most of this thread and I'm not sure whether anybody has mentioned one point I have. Two points in order to get the atmosphere sorted in future for good!

Point one, a few have previously mentioned that when we do finally extend the North stand we do it properly. By properly make it one stand throughout like The Wall at Dortmund.

Second point. We are now allowed safe standing, great it's what most wanted who care enough anyway. But rather than allocate each SC holder with an individual seat to stand in front of the club should allow a roving seat where fans can choose where they want to be and who they want to gather with.

If allowed, THIS WILL determine where the epicentre of our most vociferous supports emanates from. It's a no brainer to me, especially now the police have face recognition cameras. It would finall congeal and unite all the small pockets of vocal fans in one place.

It's not hard to do and would definitely be to our advantage. The club need to act on what the match attending supporters think is what is best for us supporters and the club.
That's interesting

Do we need a family stand, just affordable seats for families around the ground would suffice, when City were struggling and introduced 95 quid season tickets for kids anywhere in the ground, it was a great idea, today the pricing began at 50 quid up to 70, those creating the prices are clueless
That sounds like a reasonable idea to me, do other grounds take this approach?

Good points but look at the safe standing when the teams come out. Most are still in the concourse. With safe standing you do need a recognised seat so it won’t happen. And would most of the noisier fans move away from away fans. Lots locate there for “banter” which by the way does not create an atmosphere.

Sack spending fortunes on extending the NS. Build a new purpose built stadium.

don’t agree with that. The family stand is regularly not full. A prime location - it doesn’t look great. Much rather have a proper home end and some atmosphere at that end of the ground

it’s not just no shows either.. as said previously the club are making rows of tickets unavailable in the family stand, which aren’t always being sold on.
SS3 isn’t either as I observe from the NS! I agree about Family Stand but don’t think SS3 fills up because it doesn’t.

That may well be the case but I have had a season ticket in NSL 2 for the past eight years. My youngest child is 36 and has two children of her own. It has never been an exclusive family stand to my knowledge over that period.
Hence my previous point, forget the notion of a family stand and just make it more affordable to get families in all around the ground. Put rail seating in NSL1 and encourage young adults to move into there. A mass relocation isn’t required, anybody who wants to move out because they don’t want to stand gets their pick of the rest of the stadium before anybody else can look at relocating. It shouldn’t be that difficult to do if what you say is correct.

don’t agree with that. The family stand is regularly not full. A prime location - it doesn’t look great. Much rather have a proper home end and some atmosphere at that end of the ground

it’s not just no shows either.. as said previously the club are making rows of tickets unavailable in the family stand, which aren’t always being sold on.
Those rows tend to be given away to schools or clubs, if they want to do that put them up in the top tiers somewhere, put the £325 SSL3 people in the lower tiers and you will fill it. I pay basically £18 a game it’s unreal when I tell people that, to watch this team, however drop down to the bottom tier it’s at least double, ye I know you are closer but the view is brilliant in level 3, even if you drop down towards the front it’s fantastic. City want to sell out reduce prices down, let’s say £500 through the stadium just short of £25 a game, who could say they can’t afford that. If I put my ticket in the the exchange they try to sell it for about £40-50, very rarely a gets sold as it’s a single, stick it on for £25 I guarantee it would be sold, if City stop been greedy on those tickets they would be snapped up.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.