Time to put the Poznam to bed.

nico1 said:
It's special and will stay as long as folk enjoy it. Doing the poznan with my parents (both pensioners) at the stoke game on tues was a joy! I agree with previous posters on here saying that it adds to the bonding of fans. It does and is the perfect shared experience. Who cares if other supporters like swansea start doing it: let them and enjoy that too. It's not often, if at all, in this society that folk get together and have a laugh like that. And no I don't think it's cringe worthy to call it the poznan. By doing so we acknowledge those who inspired us and is a way of saying thanks. That makes me proud to be the supporters we are.

I totally agree. I did the the Poznan for the first time at Wembley with my parents who are both pensioners. Absolutely brilliant and it adds to the atmosphere. I was sat in the 3rd tier of the Colin Bell on Tuesday and when the 3rd went in, we all did it. It helps to create an atmosphere and brings us all together. CITY! CITY! CITY!

SS117 said:
Keep it, more and more people are joining in. It looks like the players and even the chairman who said it looks amazing.

Can't wait to do this in Champions League!

Like a lot of blues, I was in club wembley at the Stoke end, so had a cracking view of our end doing the Poznan at the final.

When the whole end - all three tiers - were doing it all at the same time it looked absolutely amazing. Just think - there has been a stadium at wembley since the 1920s and that has never been done before. Little bit of history, and it looked bloody brilliant.

Did it qt wembley and loved it. Just a pity that unless the guy behind you has a mirrored ass you can't see it or the game. (maybe there's a market opportunity there)

Think we should add a new thing each year. By the end of our glory years we should be none stop antics (while we are crap again on the field). Lets stock up now on Silliness. In a few years we will look back and be glad we made the most of our "best of times". If the past has taught us anything it should be that there are ups and downs and not to get too carried away by either. Just enjoy the ride and do the damn Poznan till you drop :-)

Still can't understand why fans want to see it stopped, it is the only thing I remember where everyone or most people join in.
I sit next to a gent in his 80s and on the other side a really heavy bloke with bad legs, they both join in with the Poznan regardless of the effect it could have on them, smiles and cheer with something that brings camaraderie and unity enjoyed by young and old and all us in between.

Long live the Poznan!!!

CTID

Whitworth Park said:
After Bolton I think it's time to end it.
Swansea made a feeble attempt last night and I think it devalues it now.
It has been great, been in every Newspaper and on TV and a tribute
to the great Poznam fans.
Never mind Celtic's huggle there has only ever been one Poznam.
I think we sould retire it and just bring it out for special occasions.
Time to move on.
Who the fk are you to tell us what to do? If you dont like it then dont do it and our chairman and players like it so I and the majority will carrying on doing it!

Nah - I agree with the initial post. Imho it's time to stop. Anything becomes boring after a while, well, almost anything....
Keep it special as a memory of an amazing season, with associations and memories of moments that will never leave us. The Poznan at Leicester away was the one for me - even better than Wembley in many ways.
We do it far too much now - and far too half heartedly. It's becoming, well, geeky...
Though as a SouthStander we have been doing it about 4 months longer than the rest of the ground anyway...
Move on, but like the bananas, keep it ours (in the UK at least) but just keep it perhaps for the odd very special occassion ahead.
Charity Shield might be worth it perhaps, derby's and when we win the league next year (Champions and Premier)....
See, that's me, optimistic and on the button...

Dr Mick said:
Agreed.

But need to replace it with something bigger, better and even more fun next season.
Very true.

We can't get rid of something like the Poznan & just start sitting back down after we score a goal.

It would be nice to think of something unique for us to do, rather than take inspiration from the Lech fans.

But yes, if we get rid of the Poznan, we rightly need a replacement.

I think we should do it every game as the opposition team is read out, like we did against Stoke and the scum.

De Jong's comment on the website in the video with Scully ''the atmosphere was electric, the city fans doing the poznan just before it started''

instantly it created a feel good moment and raised the atmosphere, even the players noticed and it made it.

we should do it after each goal, doing it inbetween is just silly now, it's getting to repetitive.

1. when the opposition team is read out
2. when we score

no other time.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.