Time Travel

There is a fairly simple physical reason why time travel as you see it in films is impossible - and its this (I'm sure I've explained this before) - when you are stationary, you actually aren't.

- The earth spins such that if you are stood on the equator you are travelling at 1,000mph
- The earth orbits the sun at around 67,000mph
- The solar system rotates around the centre of the Milky Way at 490,000mph

So if you don't physically move when you travel in time you'll end up either in the centre of a planet/moon/star (take your pick) or more likely you'll just end up in the vacuum of space.

Sorry.

http://www.scientificamerican.com/article/how-fast-is-the-earth-mov/

There is a fairly simple physical reason why time travel as you see it in films is impossible - and its this (I'm sure I've explained this before) - when you are stationary, you actually aren't.

- The earth spins such that if you are stood on the equator you are travelling at 1,000mph

So if you don't physically move when you travel in time you'll end up either in the centre of a planet/moon/star (take your pick) or more likely you'll just end up in the vacuum of space.

Sorry.

Goddamn you Steve.

Shirley if time travel were possible, you'd be taking matter from one timeline and forcing it into another, displacing whatever would be in the way and just accelerating the expansion of the universe?

Either way, it'd be worth it to skip past our last game of the season.

Goddamn you Steve.

Shirley if time travel were possible, you'd be taking matter from one timeline and forcing it into another, displacing whatever would be in the way and just accelerating the expansion of the universe?

Either way, it'd be worth it to skip past our last game of the season.
Be aware that even attempting to time travel past those 90 minutes will put you 735,000 miles from the Etihad - that's going to be a tricky commute back

The solution to the problem I described of courses is to have a Sat Nav with a Time Setting on it so you can see where the target location is going to be when you get there :-)

Sorry.

It's all relative, really.

Didn't that singer go to the year 3000?

I seem to remember that he said not much has changed apart from everyone living under water and something about my great great great granddaughter looking pretty fine, which I found odd at the time as I worked out she would probably be around 837 years old.

Pervert.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.