Timisora are no pushovers

DiscoMirror: Man City team not staying in Timisoara's best hotel, the 4 star Continental, because there is a strip club in the basement

If we cannot beat Timisoara then we might aswell give up. It's as simple as that really. They're the equivlent of Midgetland the last time we were out in this competition.

Harry mate, listen trying to compare us to Timisora really is laughable. How on earth you can EVER say "In my opinion there European history is just as good if not better than ours." really does bewilder me and casts some doubt maybe on your knoledge of our history. You have pointed out that they have played in europe for the last 3 years, now if for example Plymouth were playing in that league i have absolutely no doubt that they could achieve a european place, unless your now proposing that the Romania League is a high quality one ? and im more than confident that we are capable of going to somewhere like Plymouth and getting a victory without to much sweat. For some reason that i dont quite get, it seems like your preparing yourself for the worst case scenario, which really doesnt make any sense i could understan being cautious 3/4 years ago going into this fixture but for where our club wants to go and where were heading we should be going into this with nothing but optimism, expecting a comfortable victory, like im sure that many of our fans will be.

Unfortunately, since I'm a Romanian football fan, Timisoara has not a decent defence to face City. They suffered a lot even against MyPa...and they seem to have a lot of problems with fast strikers. You can´t do big things with such defences.
They have some good attacking players though. The striker Axente is in good form and he's impressing game after game. Goga is dangerous too due to his mobility. Alex Curtean makes very good long range shots.

Zicu and Tames apport their creativity, but probably none of them will be starter. Ianis Zicu is probably the only Timisoara player that technically is at the level of City players, but he's a bit chubby lol, and he doesn´t run that much.

Zicu made a great game with Dinamo Bucharest in a memorable night against Everton years ago...
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-IW-bPpj2uU[/youtube]

Cosmin Contra is a legend. He played in AC Milan and Atletico Madrid. He returned to his first team and his town (Timisoara) to play the last years of his career.

Other well known FM player is Gabriel Torje. He played in Timisoara years ago.

Chick Counterfly said:
I think they will be a decent team. Their recent results in Europe are nothing to write home about, a lot of draws and a few losses.

What might make them dangerous is that they're a few games into the season now (p4 w1 d3 l0)

I've dug up a few reports and stuff.....From what I can gather, they have some decent players, nothing really spectacular, but they look competant.

The team looks to be settled around the following players;

Cisovsky the Slovak CB looked pretty decent at the world cup. He seems to play alongside Luchin who provides the mobility.

Left Back Sepsi is attack minded, right back Scutaru is defensive.

(Cosmin Contra was once a very fine RB but is 35 now and doesn't seem to be in favour)

Bourcenau is rated a good defensive midfielder who can cover the ground with ease. His partner in crime is Alexa, knicknamed 'the surgeon' for the amount of bones he's broken.

Curtean on the right has a wicked shot. The one you won't be able to miss is Magera, the Czech. He is described as a 6'5 left-footed playmaker/striker who can just about play anywhere on the pitch. Goga is like a free floating attacker, he finishes well and looks pretty cultured.

Then it's Axente as the striker, his style seems to be anticipating the ball in the box and harrassing defenders.

Zicu is a very talented left footed creative player but he seems to be on the fringes. Ionescu the veteran playmaker has been replaced by Tames, who is supposedly pretty gritty. Again he seems to be used as a sub.

Very thorough! Great work.

Deluxe said:
Unfortunately, since I'm a Romanian football fan, Timisoara has not a decent defence to face City. They suffered a lot even against MyPa...and they seem to have a lot of problems with fast strikers. You can´t do big things with such defences.
They have some good attacking players though. The striker Axente is in good form and he's impressing game after game. Goga is dangerous too due to his mobility. Alex Curtean makes very good long range shots.

Zicu and Tames apport their creativity, but probably none of them will be starter. Ianis Zicu is probably the only Timisoara player that technically is at the level of City players, but he's a bit chubby lol, and he doesn´t run that much.

Zicu made a great game with Dinamo Bucharest in a memorable night against Everton years ago...
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-IW-bPpj2uU[/youtube]

Cosmin Contra is a legend. He played in AC Milan and Atletico Madrid. He returned to his first team and his town (Timisoara) to play the last years of his career.

Other well known FM player is Gabriel Torje. He played in Timisoara years ago.

Is the left back Sepsi's first name Lazlo? If so he was a bit of an FM legend as well. Well for me anyway.

Yep, Laszlo Sepsi.

He played for Benfica and Racing Santander. He didn´t confirm there though.

Deluxe said:
Yep, Laszlo Sepsi.

He played for Benfica and Racing Santander. He didn´t confirm there though.

Nice one. Ill have to have a look and see if he is any good in real life so.

They have quite a few on cards, if they come in hard with the tackles they could be missing half their team for the 2nd leg.

article-1304317-0AD6E776000005DC-894_306x562.jpg

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.