Timo Werner

Very good finisher but I am concerned his play style would not fit us. Majority of his goals cone from counters and situations where he has a lot space. Still need to see whether he can handle a parked bus.

Very good finisher but I am concerned his play style would not fit us. Majority of his goals cone from counters and situations where he has a lot space. Still need to see whether he can handle a parked bus.
We lack speed for counters though, its why we want Sane as Sterling is our only speed weapon.

Actually Timo would be a better fit for teams like Liverpool,
great pace on the break, good attitude, good enough finish.

I guess his touch and technical skills are a bit below Pep's spanish football demands,
compared to players like Dave, Bernardo, Illy, Mahrez, Zin, even Kev.

Maybe Timo's style is quite similar to Jesus, offsides included...

But the market for brilliant wingers is limited, so he might be an option even if not quite perfect.

German BILD yesterday speculated Bayern are interested in Oyarzabal (75m € release clause)
as well. As I said, limited winger market.

Actually Timo would be a better fit for teams like Liverpool,
great pace on the break, good attitude, good enough finish.

I guess his touch and technical skills are a bit below Pep's spanish football demands,
compared to players like Dave, Bernardo, Illy, Mahrez, Zin, even Kev.

Maybe Timo's style is quite similar to Jesus, offsides included...

But the market for brilliant wingers is limited, so he might be an option even if not quite perfect.

German BILD yesterday speculated Bayern are interested in Oyarzabal (75m € release clause)
as well. As I said, limited winger market.
I don't think he's the 1-dimensional pace merchant many are making him out to be. Some of our best goals came on the counter & makes us much less predictable. Defensively, he'd be able to hem players back just from the threat of him breaking at speed. He'd be a great option on the LW or upfront and would give us another option without displacing Jesus, and gives us time to find a world-class Aguero alternative. Plus, it would mean Sterling could play on the right more, and therefore Bernardo in the centre.

His goalscoring record is exceptional for his age, and helps us in multiple positions. And it'd piss Bayern off. All that for £30mil.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.