"Title is over" - Pathetic flappers

chris85mcfc said:
If you look at our next 11 PL games, id say we should be winning all 11 of them

If we want to win the league this season I think those 11 games could be a big indicator to how our season will pan out

At a stretch I would say a point at Southampton wouldn't be the end of the world, but points lost elsewhere could be a killer

Premier League Man City V Man Utd
Sun 2 Nov 13:30

Premier League QPR V Man City
Sat 8 Nov 17:30

Premier League Man City V Swansea
Sat 22 Nov 15:00

Premier League Southampton V Man City
Sun 30 Nov 13:30

Premier League Sunderland V Man City
Wed 3 Dec 19:45

Premier League Man City V Everton
Sat 6 Dec 17:30

Premier League Leicester V Man City
Sat 13 Dec 15:00

Premier League Man City V Crystal Palace
Sat 20 Dec 12:45

Premier League West Brom V Man City
Fri 26 Dec 15:00

Premier League Man City V Burnley
Sun 28 Dec 15:00

Premier League Man City V Sunderland
Thu 1 Jan 15:00

I think trips to QPR, Sunderland, Southampton, West Brom and Leicester will be tough going, especially with the Champions League ties still in the mix.

Every one of those games has the same genetic make-up. They will all run until they drop.

Hoping a thumping good win on Sunday will have the same impact as last season did for us.

That little lot would have us on 50 points at the start of the year, which would be pretty impressive.

Win them all we will not.

This place is full of flappers though. Title over in October??? Don't make me laugh

tolmie's hairdoo said:
chris85mcfc said:
If you look at our next 11 PL games, id say we should be winning all 11 of them

I think trips to QPR, Sunderland, Southampton, West Brom and Leicester will be tough going, especially with the Champions League ties still in the mix.

Every one of those games has the same genetic make-up. They will all run until they drop.

Hoping a thumping good win on Sunday will have the same impact as last season did for us.

That little lot would have us on 50 points at the start of the year, which would be pretty impressive.

We had better shape-up quickly then Tolm and find a way of playing against sides that do that to us

If we can't go to QPR, Sunderland and Leicester the way they are all currently playing, and win, then we have got bigger problems than we thought

We need a good win on Wednesday to give us a bit of confidence going into Sunday, its been one of those weekends where a game a few days after could just about do us a favour

It's definitely not over and I am not one to "flap". We've been there and done that with City enough times to know it isn't that simple. However... we are assuming that the season goes the same way as in 2011/12 and last time out. We've seen with City previously (2012/13) that it can all be over quite quickly. We've started the season better than last time out (though not when you look at comparative fixtures) and we are within 6 points. Chelsea look quite formidable though. They've not looked tired, off their rhythm or lacking in creativity in any of their games and haven't looked like losing. Their game plan away from home will always be the same under Mourinho - keep it compact and try to steal the win. Then win all of their home games. Last season their form against the top sides was title winning and all they had to do was take that attitude into every game and take their chances. Costa, Remy and Drogba will take their chances and Fabregas will create more than enough.

If we don't step up quickly then we will be in danger of missing out on the title. We weren't consistent last season and we started off quite poorly for a team that went on to win the league. The points total was low and whilst we scored a shed load, you will not look back at last season's City side as one of the best because we were prone to conceding and lost a fair few games. Nothing has changed this season. We haven't improved and we don't look like we are firing on all cylinders. That needs to change quickly because Chelsea look like they are going to be hard to beat and they won't drop many points.

Is it over? Is it fuck! But that doesn't mean we don't need to step up immediately. Beat the rags, show that desire and passion to win and it hopefully will galvanise the squad and we can kick on. For this City side to be remembered as more than simply snatch and grab last day winners, we need to win the league this season. 3 times in 4 seasons will be very impressive and that will set us up nicely moving forward and hopefully can see us dominate the league for years to come.

Whilst I admire the contagious optimism and belief of those drawing parallels with last season - is that not itself being complacent and assumptive in the face of clear current deficiencies on the pitch. It seems that every difference of opinion becomes so polarised that there is no area of discussion.

GaudinoMotors said:
Whilst I admire the contagious optimism and belief of those drawing parallels with last season - is that not itself being complacent and assumptive in the face of clear current deficiencies on the pitch. It seems that every difference of opinion becomes so polarised that there is no area of discussion.

Indeed, The parallel's with the season before are more apt I think.
Last season we were marmalising sides at home from the off and just had to stop defending on the halfway line away from home for our away form to improve. This season, we have already dropped as many points at home as we did for the whole of last season - though our away form is 2 wins better off than last.
There are definitely more issues to address and clearly they are yet to be addressed.

GaudinoMotors said:

You will always get the 'compare to last seasons league table' brigade but it counts for nothing

We should be cleaning the slate as soon as the season starts, too often we look backwards rather than looking forward

chris85mcfc said:
If you look at our next 11 PL games, id say we should be winning all 11 of them...
Not a cat in hell's chance of that happening. And I'll be delighted if you bump this thread in the unlikely event of us pulling it off.

Southampton away has loss or draw written all over it. We couldn't beat a worse Southampton team than this in two seasons at their ground. Exactly the sort of team that highlights remaining shortcomings in our own, as they press and play with an electric tempo that usually sees us outplayed (in the away fixture anyway, we are 2/2 at home against them recently).

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.