"Title is over" - Pathetic flappers

West Ham fan here. I created an account just to say this:
Those of you who think the title is over just because you lost to West Ham need to stop worrying. Chelsea haven't played us yet, and if we beat you guys (who most of us like and were happy to see you win the title last year) you better believe we will beat Chelsea too. So don't worry, no points dropped!

We're coming for you, we're coming for you! Jose Mourinho, we're coming for you...

jimharri said:
chris85mcfc said:
If you look at our next 11 PL games, id say we should be winning all 11 of them...
Not a cat in hell's chance of that happening. And I'll be delighted if you bump this thread in the unlikely event of us pulling it off.

We 'should' be winning all of them, or at least all apart from Southampton away, but i cant see it happening either

The thing is we will struggle to find an easier run of games than the next 11 to get our house in order

chris85mcfc said:
jimharri said:
chris85mcfc said:
If you look at our next 11 PL games, id say we should be winning all 11 of them...
Not a cat in hell's chance of that happening. And I'll be delighted if you bump this thread in the unlikely event of us pulling it off.

We 'should' be winning all of them, or at least all apart from Southampton away, but i cant see it happening either

The thing is we will struggle to find an easier run of games than the next 11 to get our house in order

if we win 8 of them and draw 2 then that wouldn't be too bad and leave us on 43 points after 20 games. Just about right for the last 18 games.

One step at a time though. United wont be a walkover from what I saw yesterday. I think they will cause us some problems going forward especially with the way we are defending currently. I just hope we cause them more!

I don't get the parallels being drawn to last year. Sure, we dropped easy points away the last time around, but we never got dominated by those teams the way West Ham did on Saturday. We're certainly capable of going on a strong run of games and roaring back into serious contention, but Pellers need to figure out a way to deal with the fast paced pressing we're being subjected to every game. Maybe "rest" Yaya and for a few weeks?
Jovetic and Nasri back to fitness could help boost the team.

Lucky Toma said:
Anyone who truly believes this obviously haven't learned anything from two of the last three seasons.

I wouldn't be particularly keen to share a trench with you either.
i think season ends in may

There's an interesting thread on RAWK called Alternative League Table which takes account of the difficulty of the fixtures. On this measure Chelsea are flying, but we are next, albeit by a fair way. All the leading teams bar Chelsea are doing relatively badly up to now, and the really good news is that the Rags are bottom of the seven clubs monitored.

So there's a long way to go yet before giving up. Titles are won by plugging away, picking up as many points as possible - they are not won or lost by doing well during September and October.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.