Title Race 2020/21

Out of the current top 6 we have only won one (Chelsea), drawn three (rags, dippers and hammers) and lost one (Leicester) a total of 6 points out of a possible 15. That's not title winning form so lets wait until the return fixtures before any self proclamation of champions.
Also don't rule out Chelsea yet and we have yet to play Everton at all.

Out of the current top 6 we have only won one (Chelsea), drawn three (rags, dippers and hammers) and lost one (Leicester) a total of 6 points out of a possible 15. That's not title winning form so lets wait until the return fixtures before any self proclamation of champions.
Funnily enough, United have only beaten West Ham out of the current top 6. If we beat Liverpool, we go 10 points ahead with a game in hand. We'd also be 14 points ahead of Chelsea.

It's not title-winning form, but no-one has that this season.

Funnily enough, United have only beaten West Ham out of the current top 6. If we beat Liverpool, we go 10 points ahead with a game in hand. We'd also be 14 points ahead of Chelsea.

It's not title-winning form, but no-one has that this season.
Good point, rags have 6 points as well.
Liverpool have beaten Chelsea, West Ham and Leicester, drawing against us and the rags a total of 11 points. You could say their form is better but for recent results.

Good point, rags have 6 points as well.
Liverpool have beaten Chelsea, West Ham and Leicester, drawing against us and the rags a total of 11 points. You could say their form is better but for recent results.
Exactly, if we beat Liverpool, we've only beaten 2 top 6 teams but we're 10 points ahead with a game in hand. That's them done. Hope we smash them.

3 defeats in a row at Anfield, the Anfield curse gone and them out of the title race would be incredible. The mentality monsters would crumble and maybe even struggle for top 4.

I think the psychological effect of winning on sunday is being understated by a lot of people. We don't need to win at Anfield,hell even a 5-0 drubbing of us by Liverpool will reduce the probability of us winning the league only by a little.
What it will definitely do is reduce the aura of invincibility around our team. Arsenal and Spurs would suddenly think they can get three points out of us. The match with the rags becomes their most important game of the season and just like that the pressure become unsurmountable.
Win at Anfield and I am pretty sure Rags and scousers will raise their white flags and all the subsequent difficult matches in feb become a cakewalk. Just like our 100 point season, clubs won't even try to play against us.

I think the psychological effect of winning on sunday is being understated by a lot of people. We don't need to win at Anfield,hell even a 5-0 drubbing of us by Liverpool will reduce the probability of us winning the league only by a little.
What it will definitely do is reduce the aura of invincibility around our team. Arsenal and Spurs would suddenly think they can get three points out of us. The match with the rags becomes their most important game of the season and just like that the pressure become unsurmountable.
Win at Anfield and I am pretty sure Rags and scousers will raise their white flags and all the subsequent difficult matches in feb become a cakewalk. Just like our 100 point season, clubs won't even try to play against us.
I'd love it if some of the shitter teams treated us as equals rather than defending with 11 men and hitting us on the counter. 43 shots in the past 2 games against Spurs, lost 4-0 on aggregate. If we steamroller every team, they'll just park the bus and hope for a good point.

A draw against Liverpool and the Rags would be just fine for our title hopes. Coming through February without a defeat would set us up nicely.

I'd love it if some of the shitter teams treated us as equals rather than defending with 11 men and hitting us on the counter. 43 shots in the past 2 games against Spurs, lost 4-0 on aggregate. If we steamroller every team, they'll just park the bus and hope for a good point.

I think this was the same thing i was complaining about 3 months back and it was on Pep to find the solution for the low block opposition game and guess what he found it. The number of 1-0 wins that we have this season is the testament of that. We don't run as much because we have the ball most the time. The defence is adequate so no Traore,townsend, Son running away with the counter.
And remember we are doing all of this without a Target man. Let us get Haaland/Messi and then see how this team breaks the low block in no time.
This 11 players defence started because we were poor previously. Most teams looked at us and thought well If Wolves and Norwich can do this to City why can't we.
If we continue to excel in the current formation they will realise the futility of their actions.
As my main man Thanos puts it in Avengers "Dread it. Run from it. Destiny still arrives" So will the goals

I know they do it every year as a marketing ploy, but Paddy Power have paid out on us winning the league haha

The phrase 'joint top' will now rear it's ugly head for at least 24 hours.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.