Title Race 2020/21

We were never that bad last season. We frequently won games and played great, it was just once every 3 or 4 games or so we'd lose due to dodgy defending and/or comically bad finishing. It was only because we fell from the heights of 198 points over two seasons with Liverpool having a freakish run of results (79 points from 81 as you've posted) that made it all look worse.

More interestingly we're on the same points total as 18/19, and that's with us having a freakishly slow start.
Doubt we'll get 98 points again, the team are capable but nobody is up our arse this time.

We were never that bad last season. We frequently won games and played great, it was just once every 3 or 4 games or so we'd lose due to dodgy defending and/or comically bad finishing. It was only because we fell from the heights of 198 points over two seasons with Liverpool having a freakish run of results (79 points from 81 as you've posted) that made it all look worse.

More interestingly we're on the same points total as 18/19, and that's with us having a freakishly slow start.
Agreed. We were in transition last season and had to sort out our defence. Two trophies (Comm Shield and the League Cup) and more than 80 points was not that shabby. I believe we have played well in virtually every game this season (despite no close season) but early on we were missing loads of chances. The only poor performances were Leicester and West Brom at home. Spurs were bloody lucky to beat us. We were fantastic at Leeds but only got a draw.

Agreed. We were in transition last season and had to sort out our defence. Two trophies (Comm Shield and the League Cup) and more than 80 points was not that shabby. I believe we have played well in virtually every game this season (despite no close season) but early on we were missing loads of chances. The only poor performances were Leicester and West Brom at home. Spurs were bloody lucky to beat us. We were fantastic at Leeds but only got a draw.
Leeds match was a cracking watch but not to sure we were fantastic, either side could have won and we probably conceded as many chances in that game as any other random four or five games in the season.

sorry - spurs were not lucky to beat us. we were pants that game.

sorry - spurs were not lucky to beat us. we were pants that game.
Well Spurs hit us on the break and scored with their only two shots on target. We had 22 total shots to their five and 66 per cent possession. We also had a perfectly good goal disallowed. Of course the media said it was a Mourhino masterclass but that's not how I saw it. I am not saying we played brilliantly but we didn't deserve to lose.

Well Spurs hit us on the break and scored with their only two shots on target. We had 22 total shots to their five and 66 per cent possession. We also had a perfectly good goal disallowed. Of course the media said it was a Mourhino masterclass but that's not how I saw it. I am not saying we played brilliantly but we didn't deserve to lose.

We did get naively countered for the 2nd, Kane was a very good outlet for them that day in realising pressure. He got the ball and when Diaz and Laporte got near him he was straight on the floor.

Was this thread a trap to catch those 7 that have said Rags. hehehehe.

City of course

Fair enough - didnt know the stats i just remember the general game and what i believed was a lacklustre showing compared to previous fayre. i recall one late header for us but not a lot to concern the keeper out of all those 22 shots.
As for the goal disallowed - personally i think it did hit Jesus on the arm and so under the rules was disallowed.
Either way - letting in 2 soft goals is always likely to lead to a loss - especially away from home

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.