Title Race 2020/21

domalino

I thought given the Liverpool/Spurs/United threads were all descending into whether they would win the league it might be worth just doing a thread to discuss the title race in general.

Here's the current standings.

Wu45Gu8.png

Personally I'm still pretty confident we will get it done.

I never thought I'd say this but given a choice between the Cult or the Rags to win it, I'm having to think long and hard.

I think we will have a better idea of City's title credentials after we have played Everton and Chelsea. Win those two and we will have real momentum, but if we lose those games I think we will leave ourselves too much to do.

Dippers are the favourites, but if we can somehow get Serge fit and get our attacking mojo back then we have a chance. Personally I think we need to be looking at getting a striker or Messi in the Jan window to give us that boost.

The cult will win it easily I think. I have no hesitation preferring them to the rags despite the fact I hate them both. But never forget the rags gloating for over 20 years, that banner etc

It will be one of Liverpool, us or the rags and they will be the teams in the top 3.

Liverpool have found their form recently. Their wins over Wolves and then on Sat were very impressive with a bit of luck against Spurs. They have a good record against the traditional top six sides with wins over Chelsea, Arsenal, Spurs and a draw against us so far. They also beat Leicester easily too. Had VVD not been injured I would have said they would win it easily again.

United will always concede goals but they seem to be scoring a lot too now. Their problem, like ours, is that their record against the so called better sides is poor. (2 points from Spurs, Arsenal, us and Chelsea and only 1 goal in those games) - Still got all those sides to play away too plus Liverpool home and away and Leicester twice.

We are better defensively but are lacking up front and unless Kun gets fit, I think we will end up drawing too many games. Still think we will go on a run at some point though and it may be after the Chelsea game is done as we have some relatively easy games on paper. We really need to come out of the next 3 with at least 7 points though.

My prediction

Liverpool 86
City 82
United 80

The Rags will keep pace with the Dippers through VAR and then beat them by VAR, so the PL get the title race they dream of. Pick your poison for the rest of the season because it's those two now.

If we sign 2/3 class players in January we can win it. Problem is we are not signing any player in January.

lucky if we get top 4 this season

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.