Title still in our own hands

Re: Title still in our own hands!

dalen96 said:
Savic had a great game up until he gave the ball away, his inexperience cost us again.
Ye can't just blame Savic, where were the attackers shooting boots?

It's going to take a huge miracle. They do happen from time to time.

Yaya_Tony said:
dalen96 said:
Savic had a great game up until he gave the ball away, his inexperience cost us again.
Ye can't just blame Savic, where were the attackers shooting boots?

Yeah, of course, I thought all our strikers who played were poor, with the exception of Mario and he wasn't great, he was just working harder than anybody else, Silva had his worst game in a blue shirt, Nasri refused to put a shift in, as usual, and we didn't go to Swansea with the bite that we usually have in attack. But with the way we played on sunday and with how good Swansea are at home I'd have settled for a point and still be top on goal difference. I think if we don't win the league it's a travesty, we deserve it more than any other team.

When your not top anymore and have less points than the top team after the same amount of games the title is very much not in your own hands

Title still in our own hands!

This could be the kick up the backside the players need. No more complacency on our part. United have pushed themselves to get to the top and it's time for them to not chase anymore and it's time for them to take the foot off the gas! It's not over yet and there is still a good opportunity to get back ahead!

BoyBlue_1985 said:
When your not top anymore and have less points than the top team after the same amount of games the title is very much not in your own hands

By definition, in your own hands means you don't have to rely on other teams to do you favours, i.e. by beating your rivals for the title. Since we are in a position where if we win all our games from now on we'll win the league, we don't have to rely on others, so actually it is in our hands.

It is also in United's own hands though, as it was before this weekend.

Right, where do we start...firstly, forget dropping Mario or Dzeko for that cnut Tevez, picture it, Mario and/or Dzeko on the bench whilst Tevez starts, how the Fcuk are them boys gonna feel..?, knowing how he deserted us at a critical part of the season, then hes picked infront of them...bollocks to that, id rather wait till next season to win the league rather than disrupt the harmony in the dressing room for that cnut.

The 10 game run in, BOTH teams WILL drop points, we need to stay in touch with them now right upto 29 APR, if we can, and i think we can, we will beat them in good fashion at the Etihad, we must believe in our squad and our manager to keep pushing until the last ball is kicked, i hear and understand peoples frustration in our play being too slow etc..this is where i think we need to change for the reminder of the season.

Away from home, I would like to see Bob start with AJ on the Right and Kolarov wide left, this gives us true width, stretching our opponents, we need to get the ball in their box sooner with pace, attack as soon as we win the ball, charge forward, fcuk worrying about the gaps at the back, WE are the best team in this league so let our opponents worry about us, keep the ball when we are winning, keep the ball when we are at home looking to tire opponents on the big wide pitch of the Etihad, you could see Swansea had tired by 80mins on Sunday due to the way we play which is all well and good if your winning, but the game still needed winning, attack the fuckers, fast, wide this is how opponents make mistakes, deflections and all that.

Come on city, the season we as fans have had so far as been brilliant, ok we fucked up in the cups but the football played, the goals scored, the records smashed, weve come along way, and weve only just started, if we dont win the league this year its only a matter of time, but for the last 10, lets give it a real fucking go, attack these bastards like we need the points to stay up ( we all know what that feels like).

Proud to be blue

CTID

For those who think United will win all their games leading up to the derby, that will be 11 consecutive wins. They've achieved 11 consecutive wins only twice in the last 50 years, and while each of their games looks like a sure three points I think it will be harder than most expect.

We need to make sure we take advantage if and when they do drop points. The way I see it if we win 6 and draw one of our next seven the title will still be in our hands leading up to the derby. Any points dropped by them will be a bonus.

Jumanji said:
It's not in our hands...at all. It's in United's hands.

When we go back on top, then you can say it's in our hands.

But surely if we win all our games( including the rags) it is still in our own hands?

I wasn't looking at it like that points wise, more play without fear and attack, attack, attack, like the first few games of the season, we were unplayable, we still have the same players, Why not?

BoyBlue_1985 said:

Unless of course you win all your games, and by so doing inflict a loss on your nearest rival. 66 + 30 is more than 67 +27.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.