Today I had an identity change.......

Just don’t vote for bloody Trump.

We’re planning on moving in the next few years, the non-dom tax law coming in here has made up our minds. My wife is already a US citizen, will that make things easier for me moving and applying for the same do you know?
I just got my green card through my spouse who is a US citizen and yes it is usually much faster to get a green card ( I assume that’s what you will have to get before a citizenship) than going through your employer. Although I would say that there is a lot of paperwork involved.

I just got my green card through my spouse who is a US citizen and yes it is usually much faster to get a green card ( I assume that’s what you will have to get before a citizenship) than going through your employer. Although I would say that there is a lot of paperwork involved.
Is that the 2 year temporary one?

You.can apply for Citizenship after you have been married for 3 years.
I left it to the last minute - my 10 year Green Card expires at the end of December so it was a toss up between renewing it or citizenship. Seeing as the price for both is around the same fee, I thought I'd get the citizenship so don't have to bother renewing every 10 years.

Is that the 2 year temporary one?

You.can apply for Citizenship after you have been married for 3 years.
I left it to the last minute - my 10 year Green Card expires at the end of December so it was a toss up between renewing it or citizenship. Seeing as the price for both is around the same fee, I thought I'd get the citizenship so don't have to bother renewing every 10 years.
You did the right thing Cous’ now we’s kin….where do your sisters live?

That’ll do, where do they live

b9486554-90bd-4bc7-a04e-2844271124a2-Screenshot_2023-06-18_075939.png

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.