Today wasn't the day we MIGHT have lost the title, it was ?

Chippy_boy said:
marco said:
united could easly drop points in the games they will be expected to win and they will, i see us beating united and drawing with arsenal and chelsea anything else is a bonus, just done the bbc predictor and nothing really changes only margin for error that now means we simply cant afford to fuck up again. reverse the situation with united would you swap being 1 point ahead with going to the swamp or be 1 point behind and have home advantage?

I'd happily swap when you look at their fixture list.

To be honest the home/away thing doesn't really matter that much for a Derby game imho. Both teams are 110% up for it wherever they play each other.

-- Mon Mar 12, 2012 9:05 am --

Keith Moon said:
I'm with Robbie:
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/opinion/columnists/robbie-savage/Robbie-Savage-column-Manchester-United-will-lose-April-30-derby-and-miss-out-to-City-to-Premier-League-title-article875657.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/opinion ... 75657.html</a>

"Look at the remaining fixtures and your eye is drawn to Monday April 30 and the battle of Manchester.

I think City will win that night to complete a league double over United ... but a far tougher run-in means that match alone won't be enough to win their first title since 1968.

I see City staying perfect at Eastlands, beating Chelsea, Sunderland, and West Brom, added to three points each from trips to Stoke, Norwich and Wolves.

The problems for City will start this Sunday.

I think they'll draw at Swansea and lose at Arsenal on Easter Sunday before drawing against at Newcastle in May.

Meanwhile, United will steamroller everything in their path until derby night, which means home wins against West Brom, Fulham, QPR, Villa, Everton and Swansea and away successes against Wolves, Blackburn and Wigan.

That would leave Sir Alex Ferguson's men two points ahead going into the final day, when City will beat QPR at home. So it'll be all down to United at Sunderland.

And I take my old boss Martin O'Neill to spoil another United title party by grabbing a point to give City the title on goal difference."

There's no way on the planet United will travel to Sunderland on the last day, needing a win to clinch the title, and come away with anything less than a win.

I am sorry to sound raggish, but it's not the way they are. I'd bet my house on them winning a game like that.

Plus, if that scenario was to unfold, I wouldn't be surprised to see United's GD equal or higher than City's before the derby. It certainly wouldn't surprise me to see them sink wolves for 4 or 5 at the weekend because Wolves are truely dreadful.

manimanc said:
what month are we in? march you say??

and we have lost how many games? only four!!! are you sure??

and we are in what position? only second!! fuckin-ell,that`s a disgrace....

how many points are the rags in front,surely they must be twenty points plus??? what,only 1 point!!!!!!!! with an inferior goal difference as well??

season over,roll on august so we can put this shambles of a campaign to one side......

Oh and how many goals have we scored in the last 8 away prem games....er 4

Oh and will that be good enough to win at Arsenal, Newcastle, Norwich etc

Oh, let me think.............er, no !!!

Big Dave Watson said:
manimanc said:

how many points are the rags in front,surely they must be twenty points plus??? what,only 1 point!!!!!!!! with an inferior goal difference as well??

season over,roll on august so we can put this shambles of a campaign to one side......

I dont care if we win every game from no til May 1 nil, its about not conceding sloppy goals like yesterday just as much as it is about scoring goals.

Big Dave Watson said:

Lucky the results of the last 8 away prem games don't affect the results of games against Arsenal, Newcastle, Norwich then isn't it.

Big Dave Watson said:
manimanc said:

From April last year..

You and your predictions eh.....to be fair you did have us losing at Everton though.

oh, and you had us losing the semi to Utd too.

Big Dave Watson said:
I'm a tit then because this team will struggle at Everton and Bolton and bottle it against Spurs again. I guarantee no top 4 this season.

Sky Blue said:
Big Dave Watson said:
manimanc said:

From April last year..

You and your predictions eh.....to be fair you did have us losing at Everton though.

oh, and you had us losing the semi to Utd too.

Big Dave Watson said:
I'm a tit then because this team will struggle at Everton and Bolton and bottle it against Spurs again. I guarantee no top 4 this season.

I tend not to worry about the 'obvious' posters who come crawling out after a defeat. At least Didsbury Dave and Billy hung around with their opinions, too many come on just to criticise at crucial moments.

I certainly wouldn't want to be in the trenches with some of these type of fans.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.