Today wasn't the day we MIGHT have lost the title, it was ?

marco said:
united could easly drop points in the games they will be expected to win and they will, i see us beating united and drawing with arsenal and chelsea anything else is a bonus, just done the bbc predictor and nothing really changes only margin for error that now means we simply cant afford to fuck up again. reverse the situation with united would you swap being 1 point ahead with going to the swamp or be 1 point behind and have home advantage?

I'd happily swap when you look at their fixture list.

To be honest the home/away thing doesn't really matter that much for a Derby game imho. Both teams are 110% up for it wherever they play each other.

-- Mon Mar 12, 2012 9:05 am --

Keith Moon said:
I'm with Robbie:
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/opinion/columnists/robbie-savage/Robbie-Savage-column-Manchester-United-will-lose-April-30-derby-and-miss-out-to-City-to-Premier-League-title-article875657.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/opinion ... 75657.html</a>

"Look at the remaining fixtures and your eye is drawn to Monday April 30 and the battle of Manchester.

I think City will win that night to complete a league double over United ... but a far tougher run-in means that match alone won't be enough to win their first title since 1968.

I see City staying perfect at Eastlands, beating Chelsea, Sunderland, and West Brom, added to three points each from trips to Stoke, Norwich and Wolves.

The problems for City will start this Sunday.

I think they'll draw at Swansea and lose at Arsenal on Easter Sunday before drawing against at Newcastle in May.

Meanwhile, United will steamroller everything in their path until derby night, which means home wins against West Brom, Fulham, QPR, Villa, Everton and Swansea and away successes against Wolves, Blackburn and Wigan.

That would leave Sir Alex Ferguson's men two points ahead going into the final day, when City will beat QPR at home. So it'll be all down to United at Sunderland.

And I take my old boss Martin O'Neill to spoil another United title party by grabbing a point to give City the title on goal difference."

There's no way on the planet United will travel to Sunderland on the last day, needing a win to clinch the title, and come away with anything less than a win.

I am sorry to sound raggish, but it's not the way they are. I'd bet my house on them winning a game like that.

Chippy_boy said:
marco said:
united could easly drop points in the games they will be expected to win and they will, i see us beating united and drawing with arsenal and chelsea anything else is a bonus, just done the bbc predictor and nothing really changes only margin for error that now means we simply cant afford to fuck up again. reverse the situation with united would you swap being 1 point ahead with going to the swamp or be 1 point behind and have home advantage?

I'd happily swap when you look at their fixture list.

To be honest the home/away thing doesn't really matter that much for a Derby game imho. Both teams are 110% up for it wherever they play each other.

-- Mon Mar 12, 2012 9:05 am --

Keith Moon said:
I'm with Robbie:
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/opinion/columnists/robbie-savage/Robbie-Savage-column-Manchester-United-will-lose-April-30-derby-and-miss-out-to-City-to-Premier-League-title-article875657.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/opinion ... 75657.html</a>

"Look at the remaining fixtures and your eye is drawn to Monday April 30 and the battle of Manchester.

I think City will win that night to complete a league double over United ... but a far tougher run-in means that match alone won't be enough to win their first title since 1968.

I see City staying perfect at Eastlands, beating Chelsea, Sunderland, and West Brom, added to three points each from trips to Stoke, Norwich and Wolves.

The problems for City will start this Sunday.

I think they'll draw at Swansea and lose at Arsenal on Easter Sunday before drawing against at Newcastle in May.

Meanwhile, United will steamroller everything in their path until derby night, which means home wins against West Brom, Fulham, QPR, Villa, Everton and Swansea and away successes against Wolves, Blackburn and Wigan.

That would leave Sir Alex Ferguson's men two points ahead going into the final day, when City will beat QPR at home. So it'll be all down to United at Sunderland.

And I take my old boss Martin O'Neill to spoil another United title party by grabbing a point to give City the title on goal difference."

There's no way on the planet United will travel to Sunderland on the last day, needing a win to clinch the title, and come away with anything less than a win.

I am sorry to sound raggish, but it's not the way they are. I'd bet my house on them winning a game like that.

Is it a nice big house I could do with a new one!!!!!

Can't see the Rags losing between now and the end of the season...except maybe the derby, which I'm not that confident about anymore. Even if we do beat them, it means we'll have to win every other game....and I just can't see it at the moment.

Teams have found us out and unfortunately our tippy-tappy way of playing football isn't going to get us anywhere now. Let's be honest, with the exception of a handful of games, we've been struggling since Xmas.

Feeling a bit better about things today.

I didn't want the derby to be a must win game, but I think it might be.

If United win all their matches leading up to the derby we can still afford to draw one of our matches (winning the other 6) and be in the title race. Win in the derby and we should be back on top (goal difference) with two to go.

Not over yet by a long shot, and there still is the probability (possibility) that United will drop points where they don't expect to.<br /><br />-- Mon Mar 12, 2012 11:16 am --<br /><br />
BurnCK said:
Can't see the Rags losing between now and the end of the season...except maybe the derby, which I'm not that confident about anymore. Even if we do beat them, it means we'll have to win every other game....and I just can't see it at the moment.

Teams have found us out and unfortunately our tippy-tappy way of playing football isn't going to get us anywhere now. Let's be honest, with the exception of a handful of games, we've been struggling since Xmas.

22 points from 11 matches, only United have done better and that's by only 3 points.

I have to admit to being worried now. I felt that a win yesterday was an absolute must, not only to keep us ahead but also psychologically. Whilst the title is still in our hands, it's also now in the Rags' hands too.

After a result and performance like that it's difficult to see us doing much better at places like Arsenal and Newcastle, or even Norwich. On the other hand the Rags look likely to win most, if not all, of their remaining games (apart from the Derby).

I agree that the tide may turned with their last 2 away games at Norwich & Spuds. That was when we should have expected to open up a bit of breathing space. It didn't happen, and I worry that we may end up cursing our dropped points at West Brom, Sunderland and Everton.

moomba said:
Feeling a bit better about things today.

I didn't want the derby to be a must win game, but I think it might be.

If United win all their matches leading up to the derby we can still afford to draw one of our matches (winning the other 6) and be in the title race. Win in the derby and we should be back on top (goal difference) with two to go.

Not over yet by a long shot, and there still is the probability (possibility) that United will drop points where they don't expect to.

-- Mon Mar 12, 2012 11:16 am --

BurnCK said:

22 points from 11 matches, only United have done better and that's by only 3 points.

Unfortunately I think they will claw back the goal difference quite easily.

Dubai Blue said:
1_barry_conlon said:
Anyone post a pic of the prem trophy being presented at OT this afternoon?

Surely its been handed over judging by the sentiment on all these threads?

The defeatism on this board today is truly pathetic.
Frightening, isn't it? The lack of bollocks being shown by so many Blues on here over the last couple of weeks has been a real eye opener.

Probably because it's City...and this feels all too familiar.

Still a quarter of the season to go. Nothing anywhere near decided yet.

Lets hope the squad and management have more balls than some of the posters on b/moon.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.