Today's music

mancity1

Lacks the substance , meaning and ideology of days gone by.

Doesn't mean its important or that today's music has less relevance to society's value system.

You might not agree.

Are our songwriters of today less relevant , less important and not as inspirational as those of the past?

Kindly discuss with examples if you like.

Totally agree but that is what you get when people think the X Factor is music. It is staged managed tripe but as long as people watch and then download the crap Christmas single it will keep getting made.
That said it is not just 'white' music, look at soul. I grew up on Blues/gospel/soul/funk and a tiny bit of disco, now we get a spotty white boy from Ealing with his baseball cap on back to front telling me 'he is down widdit an de hommies are are gonna cap sum one who dissed i.. Hell at least Biggie Smalls had done time in a jail, this kid didn't even get expelled from school.

Oh and is it only me that keeps thinking One Direction should be renamed One Dimension?

Anyway I'm going back to my rocking chair to put an LP on the stereo.

Blue Mist said:
Totally agree but that is what you get when people think the X Factor is music. It is staged managed tripe but as long as people watch and then download the crap Christmas single it will keep getting made.
That said it is not just 'white' music, look at soul. I grew up on Blues/gospel/soul/funk and a tiny bit of disco, now we get a spotty white boy from Ealing with his baseball cap on back to front telling me 'he is down widdit an de hommies are are gonna cap sum one who dissed i.. Hell at least Biggie Smalls had done time in a jail, this kid didn't even get expelled from school.

Oh and is it only me that keeps thinking One Direction should be renamed One Dimension?

Anyway I'm going back to my rocking chair to put an LP on the stereo.

just listen to the wireless instead

The vast majority of what masquerades as 'music' today is nowhere near as good as it used to be ..... there's a world of difference between the music of the late 50's-80's to what's around today ..... and nothing will ever equal the Tamla Motown sound , or even come close to it.

black mamba said:
The vast majority of what masquerades as 'music' today is nowhere near as good as it used to be ..... there's a world of difference between the music of the late 50's-80's to what's around today ..... and nothing will ever equal the Tamla Motown sound , or even come close to it.

That show hosted by Danny Baker the other night reinforced my belief in that..... standing on the shoulders of Giants .

cockneycarparkm32 said:
black mamba said:

That show hosted by Danny Baker the other night reinforced my belief in that..... standing on the shoulders of Giants .
Standing in the Shadows of Love I think you mean.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.