Today's music

Dzeko's Right Boot said:
There is quality modern music wherever you look. Some of the older generation are just scratching the surface and using that as a sample to judge the situation from.

I saw someone slate British rappers in this thread. Listen to Ill Manors by Plan B, that's as strong a protest message as you will hear these days.

Err, it's the young 'uns moaning (i think). Us oldies know the score.
Good shout on the Plan B album being 'protest'. Not my bag really but definitely full of social comment.

I didn't 'get' Plan B's album at all. I understand its social content and the like, although I suppose its lyrical content was aided by the fact that it's the soundtrack to a film.

I'd say the best hip-hop and rap at the moment is coming out of America. Death Grips, Killer Mike, Kendrick Lamar, Danny Brown, Shabazz Palaces, Kanye West and even a couple of members from the rather annoying Odd Future (Earl Sweatshirt, Tyler the Creator and Frank Ocean - although Frank Ocean is a singer) are all worth listening to.

Dzeko's Right Boot said:
There is quality modern music wherever you look. Some of the older generation are just scratching the surface and using that as a sample to judge the situation from.

I saw someone slate British rappers in this thread. Listen to Ill Manors by Plan B, that's as strong a protest message as you will hear these days.

He wore a Skrewdriver shirt for a photoshoot last year. He's on the **** list.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.