Today's shooting in America thread

16th March - NRA brags very publicly about striking down Boulder, Colorado assault rifle ban on the 12th

17th March - Colorado shooter buys his assault rifle

22nd March - 10 people murdered.

Hopefully the obvious correlation in this case will carry some weight in the minds of Americans.

Last edited:
16th March - NRA brags about striking down assault rifle ban

17th March - Colorado shooter buys his assault rifle

22nd March - 10 people murdered.

Hopefully the obvious correlation in this case will carry some weight in the minds of Americans.
Sadly that hope boat sailed long ago

Sadly, I think you knew that answer to that statement even as you typed it.

I don't think this is the lost cause it's portrayed as.

The NRA was literally funded by Russia in order to funnel money into conservative politicians and keep this debate alive. That's done now. They got found out, the NRA is bankrupt, and there's going to be an ever decreasing financial incentive to push it.

As of a 2019 poll, 70% of Americans would support weapons controls, and 86% an assault rifle ban.

Like a lot of things in America its a minority holding the majority hostage, but things are reaching a breaking point. The fillibuster, HR1 making DC a state, the new voting rights act. Basic democratic rights are coming to America and with that, the Republican party is going to have to start trying to win voters.

I don't think this is the lost cause it's portrayed as.

The NRA was literally funded by Russia in order to funnel money into conservative politicians and keep this debate alive. That's done now. They got found out, the NRA is bankrupt, and there's going to be an ever decreasing financial incentive to push it.

As of a 2019 poll, 70% of Americans would support weapons controls, and 86% an assault rifle ban.

Like a lot of things in America its a minority holding the majority hostage, but things are reaching a breaking point. The fillibuster, HR1 making DC a state, the new voting rights act. Basic democratic rights are coming to America and with that, the Republican party is going to have to start trying to win voters.

I really hope you're right. The madness of gun control or, to be specific, lack of, is nothing short of natural disaster.

I remember visiting the States as a young lad and as I had half a day off the ship I did the usual tour around the town in the day before finding a decent bar and getting hammered at night.

I walked into this normal store in a shopping mall and I was like, "Wow!" There was a huge gun section, as a kid from the UK it was mind blowing. I asked the young girl if anyone could buy a gun and she said yes. I was actually going to buy one when she told me I had to be an American citizen and produce ID, so that was that scuppered lol.

It's hard to believe you can just go into a store and walk out with a gun and ammunition in your bag, pop into a McDonald's and grab a burger and shake. Insane.

I remember visiting the States as a young lad and as I had half a day off the ship I did the usual tour around the town in the day before finding a decent bar and getting hammered at night.

I walked into this normal store in a shopping mall and I was like, "Wow!" There was a huge gun section, as a kid from the UK it was mind blowing. I asked the young girl if anyone could buy a gun and she said yes. I was actually going to buy one when she told me I had to be an American citizen and produce ID, so that was that scuppered lol.

It's hard to believe you can just go into a store and walk out with a gun and ammunition in your bag, pop into a McDonald's and grab a burger and shake. Insane.
Yeah it isnt quite as easy as that....
I am not a US Citizen but a green card holder but can buy a gun as I have been a resident of Florida for 90 days or more and can pass any background check.

Yeah it isnt quite as easy as that....
I am not a US Citizen but a green card holder but can buy a gun as I have been a resident of Florida for 90 days or more and can pass any background check.

I guess not, obviously I didn't get to first base as I was just a young daft Brit on a run ashore for a few hours. It was also about forty years ago so it may have been easier then but I have no idea.

It's still true though that as you can pass the checks, nothing is stopping you buying the gun and ammunition walking out amongst people shopping and blowing them away if you felt like it?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.