Today's shooting in America thread

Given the complete mess/disarray/financial meltdown that the NRA is in - and the majority sentiment for gun reform... might we finally see some sort of gun reform legislation pass Congress in the near term?

I hope so!

Given the complete mess/disarray/financial meltdown that the NRA is in - and the majority sentiment for gun reform... might we finally see some sort of gun reform legislation pass Congress in the near term?

I hope so!

I hope so too, but not a chance IMO, theres not a politician alive Republican or Democrat with big enough balls to tackle that hand grenade. Mass shootings every day is the norm now, the only thing you can do if you live here is hope you arent in the wrong place at the wrong time which is so, so sad.

Conversely, I could buy a gun ffs :(

I hope so!
Chicago Blue says no and called me ignorant of American culture for even suggesting that anyone wants it.

Chicago Blue says no and called me ignorant of American culture for even suggesting that anyone wants it.
Um... Kay.

Why do you care so much about Chicago Blue's sentiment?

Rather - in this forum - as in any forum - why not try your best - however unlikely - to make the point for your beliefs as strongly as possible - with the goal of persuading fence sitters to join in your beliefs.
===
Instead - you seem to attack - at random any poster whatsoever - for whatever reason... ego? Beats me.
===
So many posts on this forum deserve rebuttal - you have a strong point of view - which I think mostly aligns with my views.

But should I have misinterpreted your sentiments - so what?

My point remains - why are your posts full of non-fact based attacks? Simply - and cordially (I often do not do this) - engage with whomsoever appears to spark your sentiment of disagreement - and then see where this leads.

Hell - I fully believe that most posters you've attacked actually agree with most of your policies. Why alienate them?

Um... Kay.

Why do you care so much about Chicago Blue's sentiment?

Rather - in this forum - as in any forum - why not try your best - however unlikely - to make the point for your beliefs as strongly as possible - with the goal of persuading fence sitters to join in your beliefs.
===
Instead - you seem to attack - at random any poster whatsoever - for whatever reason... ego? Beats me.
===
So many posts on this forum deserve rebuttal - you have a strong point of view - which I think mostly aligns with my views.

But should I have misinterpreted your sentiments - so what?

My point remains - why are your posts full of non-fact based attacks? Simply - and cordially (I often do not do this) - engage with whomsoever appears to spark your sentiment of disagreement - and then see where this leads.

Hell - I fully believe that most posters you've attacked actually agree with most of your policies. Why alienate them?
Brilliant, yet again you misinterpret a post and then write a verbose reply going massively OTT. This time no doubt because you’re still a little stung that I took the piss out of your review of the PSG game yesterday.

To answer your question, I care about CB’s opinion as he is based in the US and I am not, so he is able to shoot down my thoughts on gun control in the US with the old “you don’t understand/are ignorant of; the US’s culture vis a vis guns and gun control will get more lax, not less” retort.

Yet here you are, a poster IN America, suggesting that you hope some gun reform may happen.

If you can’t work out why I’d then quote your post (which is a sentiment I obviously agree with), to highlight how it differs from CB’s then that’s on you pal.

What I’ll not do is take your helpful advice as to how I should post. Me being me has worked fairly well for me in life and I’ve managed to survive well over a decade on Bluemoon without your help or guidance although I hugely appreciate your thoughts.

Brilliant, yet again you misinterpret a post and then write a verbose reply going massively OTT. This time no doubt because you’re still a little stung that I took the piss out of your review of the PSG game yesterday.

To answer your question, I care about CB’s opinion as he is based in the US and I am not, so he is able to shoot down my thoughts on gun control in the US with the old “you don’t understand/are ignorant of; the US’s culture vis a vis guns and gun control will get more lax, not less” retort.

Yet here you are, a poster IN America, suggesting that you hope some gun reform may happen.

If you can’t work out why I’d then quote your post (which is a sentiment I obviously agree with), to highlight how it differs from CB’s then that’s on you pal.

What I’ll not do is take your helpful advice as to how I should post. Me being me has worked fairly well for me in life and I’ve managed to survive well over a decade on Bluemoon without your help or guidance although I hugely appreciate your thoughts.
Your penchant is to piss off nearly everyone - especially - ironically - those who agree with you.

Last edited:
Your penchant is to piss off nearly everyone - especially - ironically - those who agree with you.

I do ok kiddo and unlike you, I actually understand the context of posts. Since you joined there’s no poster that has misunderstood context, sarcasm and humour as much as you.

None of this back and forth would have been needed if you understood the context of my original reply to you.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.