Today's shooting in America thread

The Right Wing Dream for America

Because every human is so rational, even keel and level-headed at all times, they're obviously only going to use these guns for legitimate defensive reasons.

And no better example exists of the imminently rational human than the sub-species known as "Florida Man."

Like remember that ex-cop in the movie theater who blew that guy away for throwing a bag of popcorn at him? That was freaking awesome!

To the story at hand.

Two Florida men charged with attempted murder after two children shot during road rage incident | CNN

Summary: two Florida men driving side by side, one apparently cuts the other off.

So the aggrieved Florida man decides to exercise his 2A rights, pulls out his .45, fires into the other Florida Man's car. He misses the driver, but hits his 4 year old daughter in the leg.

She screams. So of course her dad pulls out his phone and calls the police, giving them the other guy's license number..

Oh wait, just kidding! No, after all, this is Florida Man!

He pulls out his Glock 9 and fires the entire magazine into the rear of the other vehicle. But like the other guy, he misses the driver, instead hitting the man's 14 year old son in the back, collapsing his lung.

See totally rational, even keel and level-headed at all times!

Fortunately, both children survived.

But with parents like these, who needs predators?

The 2A practically guarantees everyone who shouldn’t own a gun, can.

Only in America

5 shot dead in Raleigh NC .. FFs friends son out there coaching soccer

So the guy who carried out the Parkland school massacre hasn't been given the death sentence. Which is good, because I'm anti death penalty.

My favourite quote: "We teach people, that killing people is bad. By killing people".

But the worst thing is the Americans who claim to be a forward thinking society, yet still want people put to death. There's always calls of it's cheaper to execute (not actually true) and it's for the victims families etc... But is it? Someone else loses a loved one and the circle goes on.

The actual massacre was horrific and may he spend his life in jail in pain and suffering. If he kills himself, that's fine too.
It's a tough one for me. I'm anti death penalty too for the most part, but mass murderers like this kid, where it's obvious that he did it, should not be alive.
Hopefully he'll get taken care of in prison!

5 shot dead in Raleigh NC .. FFs friends son out there coaching soccer
I had an argument with a shit load of yanks the other day on Twitter regarding guns. Mainly on about their trigger happy fingers when burglars enter their houses. If someone’s robbing my house, I want them out, but I don’t want them dead. Robbing a TV shouldn’t be a death sentence. I’ve known people to be burgled before and nobody has been harmed, just a few things have gone missing. Their argument is that they burglar would be armed with a gun so we arm ourselves with guns. I kept asking what is the main issue here yet they couldn’t grasp it.

To be honest, many on here may have the the same mentality as the yanks and would want a burglar dead if they caught them, but the fact it could end up looking like a scene out of a Wild West movie is madness.

I love the states, but I just have to laugh sometimes at how mental a good percentage of their population is.

Last edited:
So the guy who carried out the Parkland school massacre hasn't been given the death sentence. Which is good, because I'm anti death penalty.

My favourite quote: "We teach people, that killing people is bad. By killing people".

But the worst thing is the Americans who claim to be a forward thinking society, yet still want people put to death. There's always calls of it's cheaper to execute (not actually true) and it's for the victims families etc... But is it? Someone else loses a loved one and the circle goes on.

The actual massacre was horrific and may he spend his life in jail in pain and suffering. If he kills himself, that's fine too.
If he was black, he'd be on death row today, guaranteed. Especially in Florida. He should fry. Sometimes punishments are not lessons, they're punishments. We all know killing is bad. Nobody on earth doesn't know that.

I had an argument with a shit load of yanks the other day on Twitter regarding guns. Mainly on about their trigger happy fingers when burglars enter their houses. If someone’s robbing my house, I want them out, but I don’t want them dead. Robbing a TV shouldn’t be a death sentence. I’ve known people to be burgled before and nobody has been harmed, just a few things have gone missing. Their argument is that they burglar would be armed with a gun so we arm ourselves with guns. I kept asking what is the main issue here yet they couldn’t grasp it.

To be honest, many on here may have the the same mentality as the yanks and would want a burglar dead if they caught them, but the fact it could end up looking like a scene out of a Wild West is madness.

I love the states, but I just have to laugh sometimes at how mental a good percentage of their population is.
I am a member of a social club type place here and was there a few weeks ago. There were 3 of us left at the end of the night. The bar staff and another member (they were both females.)
It's in a nice area but the building is in a remote spot. If you've been to Jackson's Boat in Sale it's a bit like that.
We tidied the place up and locked up and went to our cars. There was a car to one side of the premises with the engine running and the lights were on.....the woman who wasn't the bar staff called me over and said the car was suspicious and she was going.to check it out and would I go with her.... at that point she took her gun from her glove compartment and put it in her pocket.
I looked at her and said something like "wow this is heavy shit..... and what am I going to use for protection if the wild west kicks in?"
Off we walk over to this car and I'm thinking this is it.... am I going to get shot?
Fortunately as we got nearer I could see it was the arm of a women sticking out with a cigarette.
Turns out there was a couple staying the night in the car park in a camper van (not unusual with members from out of state travelling around) and she wanted to make a phone call in private so left the van and made the call in her car....
I walked back to my car with a huge sigh of relief....

Last edited:
I am a member of a social club type place here and was there a few weeks ago. There were 3 of us left at the end of the night. The bar staff and another member (they were both females.)
It's in a nice area but the building is in a remote spot. If you've been to Jackson's Boat in Sale it's a bit like that.
We tidied the place up and locked up and went to our cars. There was a car to one side of the premises with the engine running and the lights were on.....the woman who wasn't the bar staff called me over and said the car was suspicious and she was going.to check it out and would I go with her.... at that point she took her gun from her glove compartment and put it in her pocket.
I looked at her and said something like "wow this is heavy shit..... and what am I going to use for protection if the wild west kicks in?"
Off we walk over to this car and I'm thinking this is it.... am I going to get shot?
Fortunately as we got nearer I could see it was the arm of a women sticking out with a cigarette.
Turns out there was a couple staying the night in the car park in a camper van (not unusual with members from out of state travelling around) and she wanted to make a phone call in private so left the van and made the call in her car....
I walked back to my car with a huge sigh of relief....
Guns have made Americans paranoid nutjobs. I’ve said this before in this thread, but I’ve got family in the states that I visit quite frequently and I’ve had plenty of arguments with them and their friends about guns. I’m sometimes left gobsmacked how willing they’re to use a gun on somebody who isn’t posing much of a threat.

Is that the first incident you’ve had with guns in the states since you been there? Surely not.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.