Today's shooting in America thread

Guns have made Americans paranoid nutjobs. I’ve said this before in this thread, but I’ve got family in the states that I visit quite frequently and I’ve had plenty of arguments with them and their friends about guns. I’m sometimes left gobsmacked how willing they’re to use a gun on somebody who isn’t posing much of a threat.

Is that the first incident you’ve had with guns in the states since you been there? Surely not.
Been here 11 years and yes my first time of actually experiencing someone pick one up with the potential to use it.....
Have a lot of friends who have guns. Some have told me they have a lot! But never seen one. They are all locked away somewhere.
So that occasion was the first time I'd actually seen one at all - never mind it potentially being used....

In answer to your point about people prepared to use a gun on folk not posing a threat......
My friends will reply that they initially don't know if there is a threat or not - so assume there is every time.......

Last edited:
Been here 11 years and yes my first time of actually experiencing someone pick one up with the potential to use it.....
Have a lot of friends who have guns. Some have told me they have a lot! But never seen one. They are all locked away somewhere.
So that occasion was the first time I'd actually seen one at all - never mind it potentially being used....

In answer to your point about people prepared to use a gun on folk not posing a threat......
My friends will reply that they initially don't know if there is a threat or not - so assume there is every time.......
That’s the exact answer is was getting on Twitter. They ALWAYS presume there’s a threat. Mad country. That mad that I’m going again next week!

Not been to a Bass Pro shop then?

For less than 300 bucks you can get a 9mm semi-automatic pistol with a 17+1 round capacity.

I looked at her and said something like "wow this is heavy shit..... and what am I going to use for protection if the wild west kicks in?"
Stick on a Morrissey CD, they'd drop the gun and run a mile.

You'd probably get barred from the pub though.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.